10 Questions with ... Chris Reed
January 27, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started in radio fulltime in 2002, after being in the industry for three years as an intern and part-time employee. I've done every daypart during my career. Now, I host one of the top-rated morning shows in our market. I've been on HOT 107-9 for four years.
1. What got you into radio?
The passion to help others in their time of need. Hearing "Kidd's Kids" on my way to school one day lit the fire.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be police officer or firefighter. Not sure why.
3. What athlete do you think would make a good Top 40 air personality?
I always thought John Salley had it for radio and still does.
4. What would probably surprise most people about Lafayette?
That this market NEVER stops. It moves at the pace of a major market, yet when I go out in public, folks still compliment bits I did and our station.
5. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Uptown Funk! Bam!
6. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
Probably be in education. I thoroughly enjoy teaching others new material.
7. Your greatest golf shot ever?
It was on a Par 3 hole and was within 3 ft. of a hole-in-one
8. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
I'm over reality TV, but would love to be on the current Family Feud. Steve Harvey and I would be best friends after that show.
9. If you could switch places with one celebrity for a week, who would it be?
I'd slide into the chair of Jimmy Kimmel. His television show is like watching a good radio show.
10. If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
I think Greek. All the others would fill me up after day two.