10 Questions with ... Deanna Cruz
April 28, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Graduated from Boston University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. I went back to school at CT School of Broadcasting in Needham, MA to study just radio. After sending out demo after demo I finally got a parttime job in Albany, NY at WAJZ (JAMZ 96.3). I lived in Boston at the time and would drive up to Albany every weekend for the love of radio. Finally a station in Fairhaven, MA came calling and I was working weekends at WFHN (Fun 107). It wasn't too long before I was working both at Fun 107 and Hot 106 on weekends and FINALLY a fulltime opened up and I jumped onto middays moving into afternoons and now, mornings.
1. Did you really read the morning announcements in high school?
YES!! I was so nervous doing it, too. The funny part is I NEVER thought about a career in radio when I did it. Now, I just wake everyone up with my loud voice instead.
2. Have you gotten used to waking up early yet? What's the worst thing about it?
No and I don't think I ever will. People tell me I'll get used to it. They're lying. The worst thing about waking up early is balancing a social life and sleep. Lol.
3. Would you rather be on Dancing With The Stars or The Bachelorette?
That one is easy. Definitely Dancing With The Stars. I love dancing. I'm not great but I know my left from my right...I think.
4. What would be the worst part about dating a member of the New England Patriots?
Wait there's a bad part? I beg to differ. JK.
5. Think back on those first few morning shows with Vezzy. How have you grown since then?
I actually like him now! Lol. We've built a friendship so it makes it easier to work on-air with each other. We're still working on our off-air relationship part.
6. What song makes you dance in the studio whenever it comes on?
Jason Derulo's "Want To Want Me" is the latest song that get me out of my chair.
7. If you were a doctor, what would you specialize in?
I've actually considered this. I'd want to be an eye doctor or shall I say an Ophthalmologist. I have also thought about just going back to school to become a nutritionist as well. I know I'm a nerd at heart.
8. I used to laugh at people talking about "binge watching" TV, until I watched two seasons of Orange Is The New Black in a weekend. Have you done any "binge watching" lately?
My "binge watching" consists of catching up with shows that are on my DVR that are on too late for me to watch in general. Let's see there is Empire, Donnie Loves Jenny, Snooki & JWoww, and RHONJ.
9. Who would be cast to play Deanna Cruz in a movie or TV show about your life?
Oh wow this is a hard one. Are there any hot tempered Portuguese actresses out there?? How about Taraji P. Henson...she plays Cookie Lyons on Empire. We look nothing alike but I love her sassy attitude.
10. What celebrity would you like to fill in for Vezzy on his next vacation? Who do you think Vezzy would want to fill in for you?
Vezzy would LOVE Patriot's QB Tom Brady or Julian Edelman to fill in for me. My second guess would have to be any WWE Wrestler but preferably The Rock.
You're an athletic person, what are some of your favorite workouts?
I'm a huge fan of CrossFit. I love challenging myself and working up a sweat. I have a love/hate relationship with it but for the most part I shut-up and 'Just Do It'.
Word association time...what's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "New York Jets"?