10 Questions with ... DJ SlowMotion
April 19, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I started off in radio in "93 submitting mixes to a mixshow in Midland/Odessa. Then moved there to kick off my career radio at KCHX (Power 106) then moving to KBAT (B93) in 1998. I stayed in Midland /Odessa until 2003 then landed the afternoon gig at KPRR (Power 102)/El Paso. I had become the APD/MD by 2005 and still rock the air waves for KPRR.
1. What got you into radio?
I became tired of doing manual labor and I was spinning and some radio DJs offered me a job.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a super hero like Spiderman but I couldn't figure out how to make webs.
3. How long would/could you stay in the octagon with Ronda Rousey?
About as longs as I needed to win that money lol!
4. It's Saturday night at midnight. Where would we find you?
Doing a remote somewhere or at home producing a track.
5. What would probably surprise most people about El Paso?
How we drink for everything. Everything that can happen can become a reason to celebrate!
6 If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I'd probably be in the military.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Chill with my family, produce EDM tracks, and play Call of Duty Advance Warfare.
8. If you could be on any TV show, which would you want to be on?
Heroes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, or Witches of East End
9. Who are/were some of your radio mentors?
Bob Mitchell, Bob Perry and Domino
10. If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
Good ol' American Bar-B-Q