10 Questions with ... Erika Navarijo
October 18, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I have worked with Malkan Interactive since March 11, 2011. I am the morning show co-host and also do middays on KZFM. I'm also the music director for the station.
1. What got you into radio?
I won a contest. They were looking for a co-host for the morning show and I entered the contest and won.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a U.S. Marshall.
3. You do the morning show with Gino Flores. What kind of alarm clock do you have?
I use the alarm on my phone. It has only failed me a couple of times.
4. Any secret to waking up early with your alarm clock?
I set my alarm 20 minutes before I have to wake up. I also work out in the mornings. Surprisingly, it has helped make me feel more awake.
5. What would probably surprise most people about Corpus Christi?
The amount of beaches we are fortunate enough to be surrounded by.
6. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I would probably be doing something in sales. Makes me glad I am in radio.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to spend time with my dog and kids. I also enjoy a good backyard bar b q with friends and family.
8. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Wheel Of Fortune. I am really good at it. I would also love to be on a Family Feud.
9. Your #1 celebrity crush? Who's Gino's celebrity crush?
I love JJ Watt! Gino loves Rihanna, Shakira, and Selena Gomez, just to name a few.
10. If you had to eat one type of meal every day for a month, what would it be?
I love pizza so I would go with Italian for sure.
Your "go to" romantic spot in Corpus Christi?
There is a trail of rocks that lead into the water by the harbor bridge. At the end of the trail is an area you can sit. It feels like you are sitting in the water facing the city. It's a beautiful view especially when the sky is clear you can see so many stars.