10 Questions with ... Broadway Quay
February 15, 2011
1. What got you interested in Radio?
I would like to say it was something that was amazing and miraculous but here is the truth wasn't good at Math or Science but I could make people laugh..........Ah Hah RADIO!
2. What gets you excited about being the MD at Q?
My boss (Big Bear) is a big Yoda of this radio game and coming to work everyday a learning just a smidgen of what he knows is exciting. The challenge of radio is exciting also it is a ever changing puzzle which new pieces are giving to you everyday and it's my job to make that puzzle look amazing.
3. You're a huge hip hop fan. Has the shift of Rhythmic radio to a more Pop sound been disappointing to you, personally?
Personally I like the change because it forces me and any MD in the game to change the perception of what is Rhythmic radio.
4. You've done mornings and afternoons at Q. Are you liking being able to sleep in a little more?
Believe it or not I actually stayed on that schedule of mornings because I get alot more accomplished when I'm up early, I work out early and I ride my fixie to work.
5. You played college football and you are into martial arts. What role do they play in your professional life?
I can set up a remote in 37 seconds! Leading by example is something I learned from football and with martial arts, I want everyone to see how hard I work and hopefully that will influence co-workers to work just as hard.
6. What two words best describe your boss, Brian "Big Bear" Davis?
7. Who do you consider to be your mentor(s)?
Brian Big Bear Davis, Daniel "Mambo" Herejon, DJ Reflex, J Phila and Lee L'Heureux
8. In addition to your work at Q, don't you own a boutique and line of clothing?
I opened a clothing store about a year ago because music and fashion go hand and hand. It's a concept store it looks like a Mexican butcher shop also known as a Carniceria but no meat so I called it Ceria we sell sneaks and apparel but nothing you would find at your local mall all streetwear items. www.shopceria.com
9. You live in one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Where do you like to go to get away on vacation?
I don't get many vacations but I am taking one this year and I will be lounging in Tahiti on my honeymoon.
10. If you were to leave Radio today and you could choose any other occupation, what would it be?
As crazy as this may sound I would probably leave the country if I got out of radio, open more clothing stores and work on my brand of clothing.
What's your favorite song that you're NOT playing at Q, right now?
Uffie Feat Pharrell Williams-ADD SUV (Armand Van Helden Remix) and Big Sean - What You Doin? Bullsh#$ing
What's your favorite song on the air now?
Lil Wayne - 6 foot 7 and Taio Cruz - Higher