10 Questions with ... Ron-T
March 1, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I worked at KPWR (Power 106)/Los Angeles on the Flava Unit from 1999 to 2004. From March 2004 to now, I've been working at KKUU/Palm Springs.
1. What excites you about coming to work in the morning?
Programming The #1 station in the Desert!
2. Why Radio?
Believe it or not, I got into radio by mistake. I'm just one of the few that was blessed!
3. What two words best describe your boss, KKUU PD Ant Dog?
Great guy! (Remember he signs my paycheck)
4. What's your favorite song on the station today?
As of right now, Jeremih - Down On Me, but that could change next week.
5. If you had to be stuck on a tropical island for one year with one artist, who would you want it to be?
Fergie! I think...
6. Who's your oldest friend in Radio or music?
You want me dead? Antdog! He's pushing the big 5-0 this year!
7. If you were getting married tomorrow, who would you want to perform at your reception?
8. It's midnight on SATURDAY night in Palm Springs. Where do we go to find you?
At the Village Pub in downtown Palm Springs playing Beer Pong or Kings Cup.
9. What do you consider to be your strength as a programmer?
I've learned a lot from the programmers I've had the pleasure coming across in my 13 yrs! Best advice was, know your listeners and your market. A label will work you on something but knowing what your listeners want, will make you #1 in your market.
10. What movie have you watched more than any other?
If you were playing a drinking game and had to pick a teammate from the record industry, who would you want on your team?
Haha! No comment, but they know who they are :)