10 Questions with ... KC Bejerana
March 15, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Attended University of Guam and majored in Communications. I worked at the University radio station, KUOG. I worked at Hit Radio 100 (KOKU/Guam). Flew to Hawaii to work afternoons at KXME (Xtreme Radio @104.3). Now, I'm PD at KPHW (Power 104.3).
1. What got you interested in Radio?
The people I heard on the radio sounded like they were having fun every day. I wanted to work in the kind of environment.
2. What gets you excited about being the PD at Power 104.3?
The challenge of constantly creating something and having it come alive on the radio. I hear the station in my head and having it come alive on the radio to match what I hear is exciting. Winning also gets me excited.
3. What do you think is the most unique thing about listeners on the island?
The diverse ethnic population.
4. You've done mornings and afternoons at Power 104.3. Do you miss being able to sleep in?
Yes, that's all I think about.
5. What do you think people's most common misconception about Hawaii is?
That we are a sleepy little island. We are a city on an Island. People here are just as hip as your typical big city dweller.
6. OK...you're in Honolulu, what do you like to do to relax?.
Surf and ping pong
7. Who do you consider to be your mentors?
My parents and Charlie Sheen, he's winning!
8. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
The Charlie Sheen remix of Forget You done by Murph Dawg and CJ from WHTI (Hot 100.9) in Richmond.
9. You live in paradise. Where do you like to go to get away on vacation?
10. If you were to leave Radio today and you could choose any other occupation, what would it be?
The Governor of Guam.
Can you please describe Taka, your morning partner's singing?
Taka is a unique individual from Japan who is more in tuned with the hip hop lifestyle than anyone else I know. His singing is horrible. He thinks he's better than William Hung. http://power1043.com/Player/100881621