10 Questions with ... Erik Bradley
April 5, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
MD, WCKZ/Charlotte, NC; MD KBEQ/Kansas City, MO; APD/MD WBBM/Chicago, IL
1. In the last couple of years how do you think you've grown the most as a programmer?
Well, I certainly am trying to be. One of my main goals both personally and professionally is to never stop learning. It's hard not to learn when I work so closely with Todd Cavanah and Jim Ryan!
2. What's the best mScore you've ever seen?
There are a few that consistently seem to be at the top week after week - Posner, Ke$ha has had a couple, Bruno Mars and Usher - sometimes as high as +10%. When you see that for several weeks in a row, you have to feel good about playing those songs.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always thought I was going to become a sports broadcaster. I was obsessed with sports as a kid (still am actually) but the supreme athletic ability eluded me causing my focus to shift. At 9, I discovered radio and years later once I learned that there were people behind the scenes calling all the shots, everything changed!
4. You've always had great ears...what new artists are you really excited about for radio?
I can't wait to hear more of the Joe Jonas solo project...heard a few tracks and he's gonna win. Big Sean is going to be major. I'm excited to hear more from Matthew Morrison. As for new songs, the Pitbull/Ne-Yo track is a 10; love the next JLO single "I'm Into You"; and I enjoy NKOTBSB's lead single "Don't Turn Out The Lights". Also excited to hear more new GaGa music.
5. The Black Hawks won the Stanley Cup last year and the Bulls have the 2nd best record in the NBA this season. Can the Bulls bring another World Championship to Chicago?
Absolutely. And I predict they will very soon. Derrick Rose is a game changer - he's 1 of the best go-to players in the NBA, likely this years MVP. We've got an incredibly strong coach (Thibodeau) who knows how to lead this team & play on their strengths. There's a genuine chemistry among the entire team, we definitely have a chance to win it all this year & should contend for years to come.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Pitbull & Ne-Yo "Give Me Everything", hands down. Honorable mention to Chris Brown "Beautiful People".
7. Droid, Blackberry or iPhone?
I love all things Apple but it's a company phone so we're using Blackberry. I'm trying to convince corporate that an iPhone would make us all much more productive - I'll let you know how that works out! :)
8. When the "Erik is on vacation" sign is hung on your door, where are we likely to find you?
Sedona, AZ // Atlanta, GA // Charlotte, NC // Miami, FL // and my favorite spot of all - anywhere in Hawaii.
9. Do you have more jerseys than Nino Cuccinello has tennis shoes?
DOUBTFUL. Although, I now own more tennis shoes than jerseys -- so much more practical on a daily basis.
10. If you wanted to take a friend/guest to the quintessential Chicago restaurant or bar, where would you take them?
You're asking the wrong guy 'cuz I'm a creature of habit and not the most pioneering foodie so it'd probably have to be Rockit or Sunda - they get the most pub. I also love Mia Francessca, Mastro's and Joe's Stone Crab. And Naniwa & Sushi Wabi have the best sushi in the city.
I'm afraid of heights and swarms of insects. Do you have any phobias?
I detest snakes & tuna salad. On another level, I hate to lose. Would that be a phobia?