10 Questions with ... Tanch
April 12, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I started out doing weekends/fill-ins at Jamz while I was still in radio school. Took over nights/imaging duties a month later before moving down the hall to our sister station, WFLY (FLY 92.3), where I did nights and acted as APD. Made my triumphant return to WAJZ in November!
1. Why Radio?
There weren't any openings for gigolo in the classifieds.
2. Best life lesson learned in radio?
Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
3. I've seen your Facebook page...explain your "Dancing With Cougars" post?
I think "cougars" view me as a personal conquest. Older women dig my swag. One cougar, in particular, gave me a beastly hickey. I figured I'd make a viral video making fun of myself before my co-workers had a chance to throw jabs. Search "Tanch The Cougar Hunter" on Youtube.
4. At what point in your radio career did you know that you wanted to be a programmer?
I've been granted so many great opportunities in my career. I've always wanted to be in a position to present those same opportunities to others. It's extremely gratifying.
5. When you've had a rough day, what do you do to get back to your happy place?
Light a candle and watch nut shot/face plant videos on Youtube.
6. Picture getting married in two months. Which best describes your reception...LMFAO or Michael Buble?
SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS - EVERYBODDDYYYYY!
7. Think back to when you were 10 years-old. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. Hypothetical...Two new chicken places open up in Albany. One named Breasts and the other named Thighs. Which one do you go to first?
Breasts. Might swing through Thighs for dessert
9. What part of your personal programming game would you like to improve in 2011?
More team building! We've had some bowling and movie nights as a staff. I'd like to do more things outside of the building together.
10. You're a Mets fan. Is Albany divided equally between Met fans and Yankee fans? Who wins in a fan brawl?
Albany, oddly, is mostly divided between Yankee and Red Sox fans. While they're busy arguing over who has more rings, Mets fans are stealing their girlfriends.
What's your favorite song on the station right now?
YC - Racks! Strip club music!!
If you could pick any current female TV character or reality star to join your staff, who would you bring aboard?
Kim Kardashian to feed me grapes between breaks.