Katy Perry - This Is How We Dof

Moderators: jdenver, muzicmann1, heff

jaggerbigapple

Katy Perry - This Is How We Dof

Post by jaggerbigapple » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 am

EDITED: Big phones for this since the video premiered.
Last edited by jaggerbigapple on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donobrian

Re: Katy Perry Alternative - "Walking On Air" or "Internatio

Post by donobrian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 am

Walking on Air is not a #1 song, but it is top 10 material and no doubt will get a better response than "how we do".

Hey what do I know, I only screamed that Disclosure Latch was a hit more than a year ago and did the same with Clean Bandit back in January. :)

nsantos

Re: Katy Perry Alternative - "Walking On Air" or "Internatio

Post by nsantos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 am

I saw this on the main page and had to give my two cents. We played "This Is How We Do" for the first time this week. Toro asked listeners to weigh in, and said he received so many "never play this song again" calls that he had to turn off the phones. So we put "Dark Horse" back in rotation.

"Walking On Air" is the most blatant hit on the album after "Dark Horse." If not another number one for her, at the very least, I think it would be a memorable single with a very long shelf-life, like "Dark Horse." I have been playing it in my leisure since the album came out. It's like the perfect mix of "We Found Love" and "Like A Prayer," and I think it would appeal to all three of our core demos. I'm tempted to just add it.

"Legendary Lovers" is another strong contender, but I think it would resonate more in Q4 when it cools down.