CHR Must Bring "Real" Rock Back to Life

Moderators: jdenver, muzicmann1, heff

revevilunion51

CHR Must Bring "Real" Rock Back to Life

Post by revevilunion51 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Read this Carefully

I miss hearing post-grunge and melodic metalcore music on CHR, it was a great scene, and I know how much you like to spin Indie Pop music, but after we saw the deaths of so many harder rock acts like Scott Weiland, Lemmy, Glenn Frey, and especially David Bowie, we as rock fans are saddened that rock can’t be successful unless it’s considered “Indie Pop”.

Speaking of that, many of my rock friends don’t see Indie Pop as an actual rock genre anymore thanks to singers like Lorde, Tove Lo and Halsey, both of who are played on both CHR and Alternative radio.

Indie Pop was successful for a while but now it must come to an end, especially after David Bowie and Scott Weiland died. We need real rock music back and we need it to be alive and well.

I got a full list of artists who are highly popular in the hard rock scene but are very obscure to the mainstream scene, and I think they should be played on CHR, among these artists include:

Nothing More, Red Sun Rising, Periphery, Starset, Beartooth, Cilver, From Ashes to New, Wilson, Islander, Highly Suspect, Devour the Day, Crobot, Like a Storm, Failure Anthem, Smashing Satellites, Stitched Up Heart, Crown the Empire, Heartist, Sleepwave, Nothing But Thieves, and Citizen Zero

So do all of us a favor, keep Guitar-Oriented rock alive, it’s in life support, and it must be saved, we brought back pop when Michael Jackson died, now let's bring back rock for the late Davie Bowie.

Thank You

ckeyzer

Re: CHR Must Bring "Real" Rock Back to Life

Post by ckeyzer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:38 pm

18-34 Men can be tough to sell. That said... there's always the intarwebs...
http://tunein.com/radio/WQQN-s131240/

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Chr must appeal to women 18-34. That's it. Why would they play anything that these women don't want to hear? Rock is a fine format for certain segments of males in the right markets, but if you are not an average music consumer you will be forever frustrated from the offerings on commercial broadcast radio.

I love top 40 music, for me chr will be playing my playlist of songs in 4 months as the songs they are starting to move to power rotation are songs I've stopped listening to a few weeks ago. I don't expect to get what I want on commercial fm radio and I listen to songs they will end up playing 100x a week.

revevilunion51

Post by revevilunion51 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:44 pm

donobrian wrote:
"Chr must appeal to women 18-34. That's it. Why would they play anything that these women don't want to hear?"

You must be working for an Adult/CHR radio station, which definitely appeals to women 18-34. But other CHR formats, like Urban/CHR are aimed at males, whereas Mainstream/CHR is aimed at both men and women together.

Don'the get me wrong, we can play indie pop singers like the previous mentioned Lorde, Tove Lo, and Halsey, which is fine.

However, Progressive Metal, Experimental Rock, and Math Rock is now widespread through streaming services like Spotify; Nothing More, Highly Suspect, Twelve Foot Ninja, Dead Letter Circus, Marmozets, Sylar, Æges, Some Fear None, these are just some examples, and they have made the Spotify Top Hits List.

And the artists I listed on my main post, you don't have to play all the artists I wrote, just a select few.

Let me tell you something, a Mainstream/CHR radiof station in Texas has been spinning Nothing More's active rock hit "Jenny", as I said previously, all types of CHR is aimed at different people regardless,

snailboy

Post by snailboy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:09 pm

donobrian wrote: I got a full list of artists who are highly popular in the hard rock scene but are very obscure to the mainstream scene, and I think they should be played on CHR, among these artists.

Snailboy wrote: I don't understand. Maybe these artist will get air time. They belong on a rock station. Not every group/song tests well all over the country. If they are played in Texas they may not test well in other parts of the country.

revevilunion51

Post by revevilunion51 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Snailboy wrote:
"Not every group/song tests well all over the country. If they are played in Texas they may not test well in other parts of the country"

Yes, that is true. However there are indie rock bands who are somewhat commercial friendly while being "dark", a bunch of "dark" indie rock artists, like The Neighbourhood, Awolnation, and Kongos, X Ambassadors, Elle King, they got a great amount of airplay on Mainstream/CHR.

Among the Indie rock songs that can really test well as "sleeper hits" is Nothing But Thieves with their #1 alternative radio song "Trip Switch", now that sounds very similar to the work of Imagine Dragons, and fits perfectly with the Hit Music found on Mainstream/CHR.

In that case, Z100's playlist may look like this

3:06pm Panda Desiigner
3:10pm Into You Ariana Grande
3:15pm Cold Water Major Lazer
3:19pm Trip Switch Nothing But Thieves
3:22pm Exchange Bryson Tiller
3:26pm All in My Head Fifth Harmony
3:30pm Pop Style Drake
3:35pm Way Down We Go Kaleo
3:39pm Don't Let Me Down The Chainsmokers
3:43pm Middle DJ Snake

Do you agree?

snailboy

Post by snailboy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

If you miss the music buy it and burn it to a cd or your MP3 player.

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 am

donobrian wrote: I got a full list of artists who are highly popular in the hard rock scene but are very obscure to the mainstream scene, and I think they should be played on CHR, among these artists.

WTF!!!!!!!

No heck no donobrian wrote, I would never type something like this that is not true that completely defies logic and the real word, why why why would you apply this tripe to me?

I'm the one who came here to offer the truth. ONE MORE TIME! Chr serves women 18-34, adult chr goes further in age but it is all about attracting FEMALES. Females do not want to listen to the distorted mess that modern rock radio today. It lacks any semblance of being melodic, it offers no strong hook to sing along to, and like 20 years ago it was concluded that a majority of females want pop and rhythmic selections, some alt rock (21 pilots) and a catchy Andy Grammar type song now and then will break through, but they want pop and rhythmic songs that are fun, they don't want to listen to a two seconds from suicide dirty guy screaming his head off over a bed of distorted nonsense.

Hey I tried to do this the nice way and all civil, but you put my name to a quote that is the absolute last thing that I would ever say and I must I must respond like this. I want to know why this was done, really cheap and well yeah I'll say it CLINTONESQUE!!!!!

revevilunion51

Post by revevilunion51 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:20 am

Fine, if that's the case, then I'might listening to Triple J in Australia, which is aimed at males.

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Radio is for the masses, if you are posting or reading this website then you are an outlier and any radio station that makes an attempt at making you or me happy is going to go out of business.

I actually am listening to chr radio everyday, but the chr I listen to is the chr you will be hearing in December, I'm listening to all the songs that will be in power and medium rotation a good 3 to 4 months from now on all these chr panelists.

Jon_Bellion All Time Low
Sia The Greatest
Zara Larsson Aint my fault
Mike Perry The ocean

These are the songs I listen to the most right now, some powers at chr I still enjoy like the Bieber songs, Heathens is still amazing, and I will never tire of that Kungs song even though I've been listening to it since April.

Rock fans are splintered. Some like metal, some folk, some alternative, some just the classics. with pop and rhythmic pop music you can put together a strong playlist of currents, recurrents and gold that most females are going to enjoy and support.

I saw an alternative station that was #1 overall, so surely doing amazing in the money demos, in Kansas City. That station along with alt987 in LA and a few others have found a way to make alternative mass appeal in their markets. Those programmers are the gifted ones!