CHR Must Bring "Real" Rock Back to Life

Moderators: jdenver, muzicmann1, heff

donobrian

Re: CHR Must Bring "Real" Rock Back to Life

Post by donobrian » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Radio is for the masses, if you are posting or reading this website then you are an outlier and any radio station that makes an attempt at making you or me happy is going to go out of business.

I actually am listening to chr radio everyday, but the chr I listen to is the chr you will be hearing in December, I'm listening to all the songs that will be in power and medium rotation a good 3 to 4 months from now on all these chr panelists.

Jon_Bellion All Time Low
Sia The Greatest
Zara Larsson Aint my fault
Mike Perry The ocean

These are the songs I listen to the most right now, some powers at chr I still enjoy like the Bieber songs, Heathens is still amazing, and I will never tire of that Kungs song even though I've been listening to it since April.

Rock fans are splintered. Some like metal, some folk, some alternative, some just the classics. with pop and rhythmic pop music you can put together a strong playlist of currents, recurrents and gold that most females are going to enjoy and support.

I saw an alternative station that was #1 overall, so surely doing amazing in the money demos, in Kansas City. That station along with alt987 in LA and a few others have found a way to make alternative mass appeal in their markets. Those programmers are the gifted ones!

revevilunion51

Post by revevilunion51 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:02 am

Yeah, CHR must bring the best of everything. Indie Rock is the most popular rock genre at the moment. However, it dosen't necessarily have to be the only rock genre on CHR. As I said previously, Melodic Progressive Metal and Experimental Rock has made success following its use on internet and streaming services, bands like Nothing More, Dead Letter Circus, New Volume, Through Fire, Silver Snakes, Night Versus, and Wild Throne just to name a few.

Donobrian probably doesn't know this but, there are plenty of CHR listening females 18-34 who want to hear something more darker or aggressive on CHR in addition to what is normally played, I've heard about it and seen it before, I even asked some of the females listening to CHR about that, and they've said the same thing.

Perhaps the 18-34 female listening to CHR is a hard rock/metal chick. Could that be?

snailboy

Post by snailboy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:40 am

Give it a rest! Listen to your tapes and cd's. Better yet go and buy a radio station to program the music you want!!