An idea for a new CHR format

Moderators: jdenver, muzicmann1, heff

revevilunion51

An idea for a new CHR format

Post by revevilunion51 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Active CHR will be a radio format that will focus on more advanced and Hardcore friendly hit music

The radio format will play male-meter friendly hit music, ranging from Alt pop sensations like Daya, AlunaGeorge, and Jon Bellion, Hip Hop favorites like MGK, Tech N9ne, Yelawolf, and Jelly Roll, Alternative R&B like Bryson Tiller, Tinashe, Frank Ocean, and Eric Bellinger, Hard Edge Rock and Metal such as Nothing More, Twelve Foot Ninja, Dead Letter Circus, Night Verses, and Silver Snakes, Bone crushing EDM from Dubstep to Grime to Hardstyle, and trippy, Future garage acts like Chet Faker.

What makes this format male-friendly is that no girl-friendly pop music will allowed, so you won't find Katy Perry, Meghan Trainor nor Taylor Swift on the format, and you don't have to worry about pop transformed EDM departures, so you won't hear songs like "Closer" by the Chainsmokers nor an EDM song that features Justin Bieber.

This format will blow your mind, and will have appeal to men 12-34 like you.

This will be amazing

robctas

Re: An idea for a new CHR format

Post by robctas » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:25 pm

I love the concept & i wish radio had some guts still left to try a format like this.
Unfortunately, radio needs a broad audience & completely alienating a female demo would be distastrous with the CHR format. I love the idea of incorporating some rock/metal tracks.
I wish one day we'll see something like this eventuate, but in the real world........dunno

snailboy

Post by snailboy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 am

I see revevilunion51 is still trying the same old idea.

marinohb

Post by marinohb » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Hello,

I think that you should do first an Online Music Test on your market before trying this format. In my opinion it could be posible to develop an CHR 70% men 30% women but you should pay atention to the people that are intrested on that type of music

Bye bye

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 am

A male chr is an interesting concept, but the basis for it is the fact that males under 40 don't have a love for "rock" music like they did in the olden days. Playing a bunch of metal songs that 90% of them don't know and don't care to know would be a great way to ensure that you get under a one share lol.

First off, you would need a very strong morning show with a male attitude to anchor it. Then, you would need some type of drive time afternoon show, say 3/4p to 7p that would be a lot like a morning show(check the Australian chrs) but also male talk.

The music would need to be the right chr songs, alternative, and hip hop....some edm and if the right current active rock song came along then that could be tried as well. The mix would have to be very focused to the market. Sure, some mullet markets you could play a sprinkling of current active rocks song....maybe, but I would think that in most markets that would be a recipe for disaster. Almost every rock station gets better ratings the less new rock that they play.