Reply to get stations to play C. Aguilera's "We Remain"!

mrazj

Reply to get stations to play C. Aguilera's "We Remain"!

Post by mrazj » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post. As glad as I am to see stations playing "We Remain" by Christina Aguilera, they seem to only give it minimal spins in off-peak hours and then soon stop playing it. Radio's been hard on Christina - Top 40 and Rhythmic blatantly ignored "Not Myself Tonight" and did a virtual repeat with "Your Body", and then in most regions Hot AC didn't give "Just a Fool" a chance and Country ignored it all together. It's high time that radio stopped being so harsh on Christina.

"We Remain" is an awesome track and one that grows on people with repeated plays. Unfortunately, with the spotty play that it's getting, audiences are not having a chance to get to fully appreciate it. Hearing it once on the radio doesn't seem to quite cut it. Now, over the years, Christina has supplied radio with a number of hits that got them many listeners for their advertisers. They should give "We Remain" a real chance to connect with the audience - play it during the day and evening before midnight and play it more often. It will grow on people with repeated listens and win more of an audience for the stations and their sponsors/advertisers.

If you agree with me, please reply to this message and share your love for the song - let's get a show of support for Christina for everyone on this site to see! Maybe, just maybe, some programmers will pay attention and give her the opportunity she's earned. :D

rlr

Re: Reply to get stations to play C. Aguilera's "We Remain"!

Post by rlr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Christina performed "Say Something" with A Great Big World on The Voice yesterday and it is doing great on iTunes (currently at #2 on the overall chart). Perhaps the effort for "We Remain" should begin on The Voice as well. If the general public warm to the song, radio will as well.

Spanky74

Post by Spanky74 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:57 am

I'm pretty sure playlists are determined by political reasons and/or whatever radio is being paid to play, I think that's a little obvious. It is decided by the powers that be beforehand what is going to be played on the radio and there is little anyone can do about that. Of course everyone is told call out scores determine what gets on high rotation but I seriously can't imagine anyone actually believes that. My hunch is this notion of call out scores may exist in some closeted room as a sort of cover up in case radio gets called out on its sudden out of nowhere sponsorship that occurred with Pink around 2006 and its undying support of Rihanna, etc. On the other hand, because radio no longer sets trends because of decades of supporting the same style of hip-hop and pop records that are required to be backed by guest rappers and with the emergence of internet and downloading, nobody really listens to radio anymore anyway. I guess if the public cared it might actually find out what is going on behind the corrupt radio practice of radio playlists but I have a feeling people don't really care anymore.

markhunter2001

Post by markhunter2001 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 am

"We Remain" is *48-44 on this week's Hot AC chart week ending November 3rd. I believe this song is on the "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" ST so perhaps Top 40 will pick up on it if it's used prominently in the film. We're playing it on our station 98.7 the Coast.

Mark