Christmas Music

Moderator: jimmya

SkyDude

Christmas Music

Post by SkyDude » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:05 pm

It's not even Halloween...some stations are already playing Christmas music. That would really perk me up if I was jobless right now, and worried about my kids' next meal. So much so that I'd probably put a bullet in my radio. Next year why not just start playing it after Memorial Day.

at any rate,

Happy holidays

Drunkdog

Re: Christmas Music

Post by Drunkdog » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

I saw my first Christmas CDX today. Actually, they sent 2 Christmas CDs along with another CD that said "Happy Halloween" with some current non-holiday songs. Anyone see anything wrong with that picture? Next thing you know, we'll get Christmas CDs with the "Happy Fourth of July" CD.

Toby95Q

Post by Toby95Q » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I actually posted on my facebook about seeing Christmas music across my desk and in my Play MPE last week. Really rubbed me the wrong way and got me to thinking about how it wasn't even Halloween, let alone Thanksgiving yet. We have never played Christmas music until at least the day after Thanksgiving. Back off labels!

BasketCrunch

Post by BasketCrunch » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:54 pm

I refuse to listen to Christmas music before Halloween. I refuse to play it before Halloween.

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Do many stations flip to Christmas in the Country format? It's a given for bunches in the Christian world.

How does that play out in this format?

Just curious,

the 'Muffin

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

From what I have witnessed over the years, it's pretty uncommon in the Country format for a station to go wall-to-wall Christmas music. Unless it's like the day before Christmas or something.

It seems that going all-Christmas music is usually used as a "stunting" method in our format.

musica22

Post by musica22 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh geez...I swear I got at least five Christmas song alerts from Play MPE today. Make them stop! I guess it makes sense because Halloween is over now, but I am NOT ready to start playing holiday tunes yet. Won't be for at least another couple of weeks.