Ed Salamon

Moderator: jimmya

adambombs

Ed Salamon

Post by adambombs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Has anyone heard whose going to take Ed's place at the CRB? They seem awfully quiet about it- The convention business is down overall, so I hope Ed didn't take the dive for that.

Ed was one of the best program directors in the country, so I hope he finds something great.

BasketCrunch

Re: Ed Salamon

Post by BasketCrunch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:04 pm

I was sad to hear of Ed's departure. He will be greatly missed. I wonder if they are going to try to hire from within? That'd be cool if Becky Brenner could take the job, but I know she has a lot of responsibilities already, especially being based in Seattle.

PizzaLicker

Post by PizzaLicker » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 am

I really doubt Becky will be moving to Nashville to take a job at the CRB, but I could be wrong. I happen to think that the CRS, like all other conventions, is in trouble-

It's a good time for all of us in the format who are able to, to support it-

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:01 pm

I think things like CRS are great networking and learning tools, but it's too expensive to go to these days, with budgets being so tight. I know of a lot of people that aren't going to make it this year.

Even the tickets for the Country Music DJ & Radio Hall of Fame are $90 for CRS registrants and over $100 for those that aren't registered. I know it's raising money for a good cause, but I can't afford to go to something like that when I'm already paying over $500 for CRS.