CMA AWARDS

Moderator: jimmya

SkyPotato

CMA AWARDS

Post by SkyPotato » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Anyone excited for the CMA Awards this year? I actually have high hopes for this one. I'm looking forward to the Kenny Chesney/Dave Matthews duet and sounds like pretty much every artist with a nomination is performing.
Let's start placing bets on Entertainer of the Year...this may be an underdog choice but I'm going for Brad Paisley.

RabbitBro

Re: CMA AWARDS

Post by RabbitBro » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm pretty excited this year...I have a feeling there will be some award shakeups. I predict Taylor Swift for entertainer. The duet between Jamey Johnson and Kid Rock should be interesting...

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm going for Taylor too...it's high time a female got that award again! It's been at least ten years.
Plus she has brought a ton of listeners to the format...whether you love her or not...she has kept the money rolling into country music this year. Plus-she always does a really good shocked "who me?" face. ha

musica22

Post by musica22 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Wow! Where's all the buzz about the CMAs? Back when this board was the "Nashville Enquirer" there would always be some kinda talk about the awards.

I'd personally love to see Lady Antebellum take home Vocal Group Of The Year over the usual Rascal Flatts win. This song they have out right now is the hottest thing in Country music. Everyone has been praising it ever since it came out. And as hot as it was back when it was CMA voting season, I think they might have a shot at winning.

But we'll see, I guess....

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

My vote is for Taylor, Lady Antebellum, Darius, to win Entertainer, Vocal Group and New Artist. Carrie should win Female Vocalist. She's one of the hottest female acts we have right now and can outsing almost anyone. Keith or Brad should be Male Vocalist.

The rest could be anyone, I think. I'm interested to see the duets they've got paired up - Vince Gill and Daughtry, Kid Rock and Jamey Johnson...and maybe the Kenny/Dave matchup will give that single an extra push to do well.

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey everyone!

Mary Lynne from All Access here. I just wanted to give my two cents on the show last night. I really enjoyed the show overall - the sound seemed to be a lot better than in the past (I know sometimes the sound doesn't carry well in big arenas and on TV), and there were some standout performances. I really liked Vince/Daughtry, Jamey/Kid Rock (a TRUE Country song!) and I will definitely miss Brooks & Dunn together. They and Billy Gibbons did a great job.

Kudos to Taylor for the awards she took home. And I was really excited to see Lady A and Darius win their awards. I was defnitely surprised that Carrie and Keith did not win anything, but they are still top notch in my eyes. And I STILL get excited when George Strait comes up on the screen. He is and will always be the KING of Country Music! 8-)

What did you guys think of the show? What were your highlights and lowlights?

We'd love to hear your feedback!

Mary Lynne O'Neal
Assistant Country Editor
AllAccess.com

robinannhunt

Post by robinannhunt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:17 am

I will probably not watch these awards anymore because to have the worst singer in country radio given 2 slots and win FVOTY and EOTY was a joke on me. Country radio is dead. All the other acts on the show were wonderful. I liked Darius getting his award and the Jammy johson;s performance was great but country radio is dead to me and I have stopped listening to my station here in chicago.