Taylor

Moderator: jimmya

adambombs

Taylor

Post by adambombs » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Is it me or is Taylor like over-exposed to the point where you don't want to see her, hear her, look at her.

Please tell me it's not just me......are there any shows she hasn't done yet...60 Minutes? "Halftime Reports"?? Maybe she can do "Meet the Press"...she can't do any worse than the politicians...hey there's an idea "VOTE FOR SWIFT/BORCHETTA in 2012"

I mean she's a step-up from SARAH PALIN....and I am sure that Scott can get some shit done up there.

Drunkdog

Re: Taylor

Post by Drunkdog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:33 pm

They are doing a great job keeping up the hype about her, but I don't envy the girl at all. Maybe she loves having her live planned out for her almost 24/7, but she literally is everywhere. I just hope she doesn't burn out too fast. She's a very talented girl and we need a mainstay artist like her that plays, writes her own stuff.

I WOULD like to see her music grow a little bit in the topics she writes and sings about. Don't get me wrong, the girl knows her audience well...but she can't be 30 singing songs about high school stuff.

That's just my two cents.

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Luckily for her I think that the crazed preteens can't get enough. I wonder if the girl ever gets a nap!
It's bound to backlash on her eventually though unless she keeps things fresh. Whether we like it or not she's a full blown pop star now so she's got a lot of audience to balance.
I think she will move more into movies as well if her Valentines Day project does well. She must have more hours in the day than I do.

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 am

I saw a comment on twitter last night re: Taylor: I was under the impression any sort of "vocalist of the year" should be somewhat adept and skilled at, um, "vocalizing".

There was also the "if taylor swift is female vocalist of the year at #CMAs then madoff wins best businessman of the year".

Are those too harsh?

mrrnb

Post by mrrnb » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

The similarities to Garth Brooks are profound:

Average vocalist
Great people skills
Songs that resonate with a dedicated fan base
Unlimited media opportunities
Crossover audience
Massive overexposure

While watching the award being presented, I thought of George Strait, a true master of his craft, having to stay in the audience and watch a greenhorn accept Entertainer Of The Year, an award he was nominated for an truly deserved. Same for the others, although on a lesser scale.

And, it there's any justice in the world, Jamey Johnson should be provided with a good enough career that we will be able to hear his incredible songs for years to come.

Today's country music = plastic = homogenized = uninspiring = shameful

Kristine Moore

Post by Kristine Moore » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:10 pm

In the words of Travis Tritt, " Country ain't country no more!" Especially when Taylor is the "best "we got. Thank God for Jamey Johnson/Miranda Lambert, they're still making great country; radio will never touch, because it doesn’t show up on a list, but that's a completely different problem with radio.

PennyLane64

Post by PennyLane64 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:21 pm

I found it interesting that Wynonna said it was "too much too soon" for Taylor to win Entertainer of the Year. Wy was 22 when she was nominated and was the youngest at the time. She claimed that they went to all of the stations themselves in their car....kinda like Taylor going door to door on Music Row, working her butt off at age 11, 12, 13 to get a record deal.

I think she said something about teaching her kids to earn what they do...that's a load of crap. Taylor is all over the place and is successful as she is because she's earned it.

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:22 am

Is Taylor working her butt off or is her butt being worked off for her?

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm

I can't imagine keeping up with her schedule...she must have a really good team around her. I hope her supportive system keeps her grounded and we don't have a country Britney Spears in the works. All that pressure must be hard at her age.

robinannhunt

Post by robinannhunt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 am

If Taylor Swift is country music then country music is dead.