CMA Performances

Moderator: jimmya

Blocklo

CMA Performances

Post by Blocklo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm

I thought that the Zac Brown Band's performance of Devil Went Down to Georgia was the stand out performance of the night. But I heard someone express dismay that they didn't do Chicken Fried or Toes. What did you guys think? I like to see them mix it up...the CMA awards should be a place for unique performances, not the radio version of what we've heard played 1000+ times on ever talk show.

cottencat

Re: CMA Performances

Post by cottencat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

I really like the preformance. The fiddle player was really good. I was very impressed. I like hearing new music and music like they played I can hear their hits anytime I ture on the radio its nice to hear something new. I would really like them to release this as their new single perhapes team up with Charlie Daniels.

opsman

Post by opsman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:57 am

They'll never do it, but maybe they shoul allow more than just one song per act. I know, I know...if they do that there won't be as many performers on the show.

Maybe it ought to be that way.

mrrnb

Post by mrrnb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 am

When pigs fly. There are so many politics involved in those musical performances, you wouldn't believe it. Think of all the artists who wanted a slot and didn't get one. And the ones who DO get slots are given time limits on their songs DOWN TO THE SECOND!

And, of course, they have to gussie everything up with "guest" artists and presenters who aren't country. After all, who would watch the show if those real "stars" didn't appear?

It's a slimy world in CMA-land.

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Well Taylor got two separate slots but clearly she runs on a different standard. I think there is some serious leverage in her direction.

I did notice that they didn't do much with the baby acts this year...no little guest spots for the up and comers.

I loved Martina's performance for Barbara Mandrell. I'm partial to that song and Barbara looked great. It's nice to see artists getting recognized in a great way while they are there to enjoy it.

robinannhunt

Post by robinannhunt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 am

Can't agree more on your first statement. Taylor has a marvelous marketing team when the person with the worst voice in music can win the Female vocalist of the year award. It degrades this award for all the past and future winners. What are the CMA voters thinking? I have to include the radio industry in this comment too. Shame on you.