Gator Michaels exiting Warner/Nashville

Moderator: jimmya

RabbitBro

Gator Michaels exiting Warner/Nashville

Post by RabbitBro » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:38 pm

I had heard a rumor for at least a year or two that he was going to leave Warner Bros...but that rumor was long in the back of my head when I heard that he actually exited today. I was a bit shocked by the news at first...but I hear he's got big plans coming up in the future.

I wonder if there's gonna be another label launching on the Row?

SkyPotato

Re: Gator Michaels exiting Warner/Nashville

Post by SkyPotato » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:27 pm

I don't know...I heard they let him go...not the other way around. But I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. Unfortunately I bet this won't be the end of the cuts we will see with the end of the year. Happy holidays music industry!

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:20 pm

And now Alex Valentine has left Columbia/Nashville...I wonder if Gator and Alex are going to be working together in a new venture...? If another person leaves another major company, this might get interesting.

SkyDude

Post by SkyDude » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Gator's great...he'll have something soon...and if Warners' is smart they'll make Reeves the VP...he's really good, and he deserves it. I also hear they are starting another imprint...like the financial climate is right for that!

About Alex...my bet is that one of those SONY labels goes away...or one person from each label will be gone by Christmas.

How sad.

But hey...we're going to be building cities and creating jobs in Kabul...maybe we can start a label there.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm

I hear they are big Taylor Swift fans in Kabul.