Looking for music download site

Moderator: jimmya

ksslradio

Looking for music download site

Post by ksslradio » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Good Afternoon!

We are a small station that plays Country music from 60s to today. We have no problem finding music from the 80s and up, but we're having a hard time tracking down older music. Does anyone know of a site that has a library of Classic Country that we can download from? We don't need a whole library just selected songs.
Thanks for the help!!

Susanne
KSSL FM
Slaton, TX

ksslradio

Re: Looking for music download site

Post by ksslradio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks Alan
I'll give them a try!

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:12 pm

You should try us here at AllAccess.com with our All Access Downloads service.
www.AllAccess.com/AADL ...

ALL ACCESS DOWNLOADS is currently available in the US & Canada, via a permission-based recipient list that is approved by record labels and other music providers. Authorized users include: (1) All radio programming personnel at all MEDIABASE and BDS-monitored or reporting stations, (2) Label-selected non-reporting stations, (3) Those in corporate programming positions at all radio companies, and (4) Consultants, satellite providers, syndicated shows, and a growing number of the major Internet programming services.

To inquire about access, e-mail PAUL CARTELLONE (pcartellone@allaccess.com) or call him at (310) 457-6616. He'll check with the labels, and when they give us the green light, we'll get you hooked up.

Post by 1157961298 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Are there gaps in your library you are looking to fill? I have a full collection of virtually every song to crack the top 40 on the country charts back to the early 1960s. In particular, I am very good with 70s and 80s country. I have tons of tough to find music from bands like Atlanta, Bandana, Maines Brothers Band from the 80s that nobody else has. I have original recordings of virtually everything from the 60s and 70s . . . even hard to find original recordings like from Dave Dudley, Johnny Rodriguez, C.W. McCall . . . on and on. And best off . . . I can pick out originals from re-recordings. Nothing worse (in my opinion) than hearing a re-recording of "Older Women" by Ronnie McDowell or "Linda On My Mind" by Conway Twitty on a classic country station.

ksslradio

Post by ksslradio » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I emailed Paul Cartellone over 2 weeks ago, but have yet to hear back from him.

jdenver wrote:You should try us here at AllAccess.com with our All Access Downloads service.
http://www.AllAccess.com/AADL ...

ALL ACCESS DOWNLOADS is currently available in the US & Canada, via a permission-based recipient list that is approved by record labels and other music providers. Authorized users include: (1) All radio programming personnel at all MEDIABASE and BDS-monitored or reporting stations, (2) Label-selected non-reporting stations, (3) Those in corporate programming positions at all radio companies, and (4) Consultants, satellite providers, syndicated shows, and a growing number of the major Internet programming services.

To inquire about access, e-mail PAUL CARTELLONE (pcartellone@allaccess.com) or call him at (310) 457-6616. He'll check with the labels, and when they give us the green light, we'll get you hooked up.

vdjjd

Post by vdjjd » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:15 pm

I know you just did not tell a radio station to use a pirated source for music thats just dumb... not only that but the quality of a youtube rip is complete crap in terms of audio bit rate... you have no clue what bit rate the file was uploaded as nor what youtube converts it to... I.E.... I upload a audio to youtube or what ever site at 96kbps... youtube converts its and now it says it is 320kbps but then you rip it from youtube at 320kbps but it is not it is still 96kbps because all the converter did was dumb all the audio bits into the conversion. It can't add KBPS that were not there to begin with

BradOlson

Post by BradOlson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:11 pm

When it comes to classic country, it is better that you buy the CDs or LPs if you find it as a lot of times with classic country, it only stays in print for a few years and when it goes OOP, the CDs go for very huge amounts of money on Amazon and eBay. If they get released on iTunes and Amazon for downloads, download the music. If a classic is inexpensive to find on LP but expensive to buy on CD, buy the LP, get a good turntable and digitally transfer the vinyl to digital. Most of the good digital editing programs have rumble, click, pop filters to minimize the surface noise from LPs and if your source is a cassette tape, digital editing programs do have hiss reduction filters as well. Sometimes archive.org can be a help as the downloads are free. And BTW, , a lot of older music has much better sound quality than just about any new song from a technical standpoint. If the recordings are from 1962 on back, you should consider buying those very cheap European boxed sets from labels such as JSP, Proper, Enlightenment, etc. and also collections on Jasmine, Acrobat, Retrospective, etc. in Europe as in European countries, these recordings are public domain and labels only have to pay publishing fees and no licensing to the record companies.