Women In Country Music

Moderator: jimmya

nascarholly

Re: Women In Country Music

Post by nascarholly » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 pm

^^^ Hey! You are so welcome! :) :) :)

By the way, if you don't mind my asking. how do you feel about the tomato shirts that Martina McBride seems to be getting out there? Because there are so many talented guys in country no matter what's going on with the girls, I would love to have one that says "country music lettuce lover" on it. :D :D :D

Sadly though a lot of my favorite males are not played as much as they used to be either.

James Otto
Trace Adkins
Darryl Worley
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hal Ketchum

God bless you and them and Martina always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto! (big smile)

keithhill

Post by keithhill » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Holly... I am fine with the Tomato Shirts. This whole issue has died down.... because I was correct about the metric I suggested.

jacobglen

Post by jacobglen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 am

Drakea83 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2015 1:44 pm
After an on-air discussion about women in country music that’s popped up over the last couple of days, Bryan/College Station’s KVMK-FM Maverick 100.9 will be going all women for the entire 9A hour tomorrow morning.

“I’ve always been a fan of great female country artists,” says Adam Drake, PD/Mornings for Maverick. “It’s been baffling to me why more great female artists aren’t pushed to the extent that they could be. With 192.168.0.1 our on-air discussion this morning and great feedback from the listeners, we figured we’d show our love to the amazing women who shaped country music.”

The topic has been a hot button all over social media and most country music fans. In Bryan/College Station, TX, the listeners seem to be on board with hearing more female artists.

One listener responded to the conversation with “I love all country music, but there’s a trend in the male music that’s portraying drunk females and partying, showbox apk the female artists aren’t all about that. I’d rather my daughter listen to music that makes her feel important and not where she feels she has to go get drunk.”

Drake says he hopes this conversation will move the music trend to trying to break female artists that have something to say.

With the rich history of women in country music, Patsy Cline, Reba, Loretta, Tanya Tucker, Lorrie Morgan, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, etc. tomorrow’s 9A hour can shape up to be an hour of some amazing music! Take a listen for yourself by listening online at maverickradio.com.

Facebook.com/Maverick1009
Twitter.com/MyMaverickRadio
Facebook.com/MyMaverickRadio
Carrie Underwood, Loretta, Alison Krauss and LeAnn Rimes are my most favorites.

tresa

Post by tresa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 pm

I'd like to see some country stations play Runaway June. They have released several good songs, in my opinion, and the 3 country stations in this market have not played them.

mkdooso

Post by mkdooso » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 am

Advise a site where you can listen to songs online and there are free music download series, without registration or for a fee, but a cheap one. How does this site differ from a hundred others the same thematics? It is desirable that it doesn`t contain awful ads, and not to be needed to wait for 30, 60 or whatever seconds to download a song. Nowadays, of course, it is not a problem to download mp3. But these tracks are not quality everywhere and downloaded fast.