CMA Awards

Moderator: jimmya

Blocklo

CMA Awards

Post by Blocklo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:22 pm

So the CMA announced the performers for the CMA Awards today...all the entertainer of the year nominees plus a few more. It's all of the major players. Sounds like it's going to be a big show this year...hope they get some of the good new acts as well.

Drunkdog

Re: CMA Awards

Post by Drunkdog » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 pm

That would be cool if they gave some more of the new acts some more stage time...instead of letting them play for a 30-second outro to a commercial, let a few of them play their whole song. We all know Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are awesome...they deserve stage time of course, but these new acts need some help getting heard, and the awards are the perfect platform for that.

wowenswnih

Re: CMA Awards

Post by wowenswnih » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:45 pm

I agree, new acts should have a bigger role in the CMA and the ACM's...give a nod to Steel Magnolia, their single is one of the fastest rising ones I've seen from a new duet in quite som time.

Also definitely gotta give a nod to folks like Darius Rucker. But yes let's not have a repeat of the CMT Awards where Taylor Swift was plastered all over with the same applying to other artists like Carrie Underwood, granted she does have a new single on the charts.

Lastly, even some big nods to Brooks & Dunn would be nice seeing as they are splitting in '10.

Just my two cents, if anyone disagrees, please say so