"Virtual" Trade Show

Moderator: pmsimon

pmsimon

"Virtual" Trade Show

Post by pmsimon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Think this is a good idea? Will you pay for a "convention" that you don't have to travel to? Is the face-to-face networking you get at a convention worth preserving, or did the economy kill that off once and for all? Here's the story from Net News:

[quote]BEASON BROADCAST PARTNERS’ AVIRTUALEVENT is holding an online "trade show" for the sports and radio industries, "Monetizing Audio-Technology," on DECEMBER 11th, 11a-6p ET. The completely virtual event will include a full agenda of panel discussions and keynote speakers aimed at sports-talk radio stations and professional sports franchises with an eye towards maximizing the value of their audio content.

BEASON principal and AVIRTUALEVENT co-founder BOB SNYDER said, "By enabling sports executives from both the franchise and the broadcast industry to hear from industry experts and analysts, participants will learn how today’s innovative and emerging technologies, combined with the right business processes, can ultimately generate additional net revenue."

AVITRUALEVENT co-founder and former R&R News-Talk-Sports editor MIKE STERN added, "In organizing the Talk Radio Seminar for RADIO & RECORDS, it became apparent that people are still searching for opportunities to learn and share ideas but job demands and budget cuts have made attending conventions incredibly difficult. This is a way to enjoy the benefits of attending a convention without the downside."

The event will be archived and available to registrants up to 60 days after the event.

More information is available at AVirtualEvent.com or contact either BON SNYDER at (847) 291-9795 or MIKE STERN at (773) 549-0525.
[/quote]

ramenless

Re: "Virtual" Trade Show

Post by ramenless » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Not crazy about conventions. But the panels are the least important thing about them, so watching them on the computer doesn't sound like fun, either, not if I have to pay.

rmsnyder

Post by rmsnyder » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 am

RAMELESS: This is the host and I appreciate your comment. We hear the good things all the time but truth is the concerns are more helpful. Does the virtual trade show portion of the conference ( a virtual hall with a dozen or more booths to 'walk into' )make the event any more appealing, unique or intriguing to you? Or anyone else tuned into the postings here. BS

ramenless

Post by ramenless » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:16 pm

rmsnyder wrote:RAMELESS: This is the host and I appreciate your comment. We hear the good things all the time but truth is the concerns are more helpful. Does the virtual trade show portion of the conference ( a virtual hall with a dozen or more booths to 'walk into' )make the event any more appealing, unique or intriguing to you? Or anyone else tuned into the postings here. BS
It depends on how it works- the networking part's most important to me. I'd rather meet and greet new people than get product information, so if it's social, I'm interested.