GLENN BECK

Moderator: pmsimon

csnoah98

Re: GLENN BECK

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:00 pm

"So both of you would not like yo have the ratings and
popularity that Beck has?"

I realize you weren't speaking to me, but...

We all have to decide what we are and aren't willing to do
for money and/or success. If you are suggesting that
anything is acceptable so long as it leads to ratings,
well... I'd be very sorry to read such a statement.

It's a shame people find it so easy to sacrifice their
dignity for fame and fortune.

The5 Www.thisisthebox.com, the5, 9/18/2009 7:33:03 PM, thatguy@thisisthebox.com
Message #243912

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 pm

At least he is big enough to be a danger.
If you met him you would be a fan.
He is doing waht he believes and the silent majority is no longer silent because of him.

maxinfo, 9/18/2009 9:12:20 PM
Message #243916

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow - three separate posts defending the Beckster. Are you like his house-boy or something? Towel wrangler at his favorite spa? Is Joe Wilson your homey? You ask a broad (and ignorant) statement:

>>So both of you would not like yo have the ratings and popularity that Beck has?<<

Before I can answer, it's time to shout out "liar!" You're an interesting guy. You answer your own question and then call ME a liar. Hmmmmm.

So why is it that when any peon like myself dares to to take a swipe at a radio pimp like Limbaugh or Beck or Stern, there's always some pipsqueak who can't wait to play the "I'll bet you had his ratings and money" card.

Maxinfo, this will be very, very clear. I would LOVE to have Glenn Beck's ratings and cash flow - but only if I didn't have to be HIM to get it. My hand in the air - I would not trade places with him and I'm in a bit of a tight cash flow situation my own self. He's a goon. If you re-read what I wrote - I listened to him early, early on and I actually liked it. But I've heard him change over the years, going from a somewhat entertaining moderate to a vile, bullshit-spewing right winger because he knows that by stirring up this crowd, he can score. His listeners LOVE to hear what's wrong with everything and how the liberals are destroying everything and how Glenn Beck knows everything ... blahblahblah. And Beck exults in his new found "importance". He has no shame. He'll bawl like a puss, admit to anything, taunt anyone - all to get numbers. I don't believe that the Glenn Beck we know today is any more the "real" guy than the OJ we saw play football was the "real" guy. The trouble happens when a guy like Beck (as did OJ) begins equating his success with the fact that it's HIS brilliance, when it's actually his TOPIC. He's blubbered about his past drug issues many times so we know he has trouble with boundaries and self-control. Just as Limbaugh thought he could hide his hypocritical drug use behind the skirts of his Hispanic maid, Beck will eventually go a bridge too far, get in trouble when he realizes he is NOT indestructible and then he'll pull an Oprah and cry to the public, seeking forgiveness. He will make it part of his shtick and the zombies who refuse to believe their leader has dirty underwear will love him all the more.

You go ahead and like the guy - it's your right. And if you really think he's doing all this bullshit to help others, go ahead and give him your credit card number. And if you really think when he struts out on a stage or preens on TV that it's for the good of "fallen heroes", I'll let you cry enough tears for both of us. The "impact" that he's had is considered, by most folks who can handle critical thought, extremely negative and adds nothing of value to the national scene. Limbaugh is Abbott and Beck is Costello; although it's kind of crazy how much weight Beck has gained - he's starting to look a bit like his idols: Limbaugh and his man-crush Roger Ailes.

I guess the point I'd like to end with might be:

Why didn't Beck serve in the military? You want to help America? Wanna support the military? Put on a uniform and start marching. After all, he's such a tough guy, ready to take on all them there ferinners that are lurking in the shadows. He can join other chicken shits like Limbaugh and Cheney and Buchannon and Hannity, grab an AR-15 and ship out. Now THAT'S a remote I'd definitely listen to.

halltalk, 9/19/2009 2:56:13 AM
Message #243918

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:18 pm

"It's a shame people find it so easy to sacrifice their dignity for fame and fortune."

Yep...welcome to the 21st century. Everything is for sale. Go to YouTube and watch what people do for fame. They don't even get the benefit of money. Just attention. I'm not talking about big profit-making companies, but private citizens. What you see on cable TV is tame compared to what regular people are putting on the internet every day. As a result it pushes the limits of what's acceptable on the airwaves. In order to compete with the anarchy that exists on the internet, broadcasters have to go even further. It's not healthy, and I see no way to stop it.

countryboy, 9/19/2009 5:25:48 PM
Message #243929

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Silent MAJORITY?

You need to get out more.

Becks audience represents the lunatic fringe. Thankfully, they are a small minority, but they ALL seem to listen to Beck.

PT Barnum would be proud.

bobbyb77, 9/19/2009 5:58:03 PM
Message #243930

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh, I know. I didn't say it's anything new.
I just said it's a shame.

the5, 9/19/2009 10:40:14 PM
Message #243933

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:22 pm

This is your forum. Sad. All of you should be in poltics. You too five. You all want success and your times have passed so you attack a goofy media figure because of your politics. Your intellect Winterwest?You were or are in RADIO. You pontificate on a board that is inhabited by jackoffs like me. The difference is I know I am no Beck or Stern or
Limbaugh or Letterman. Those guys all do anything to get ratings and so do you. You think u are above it all Five?Give me a break. I know.I barely post here because I work in radio and don't have the time. This is how all of you prove you are worthwhile.On a RADIO BOARD. Seems to me that Halltalk and Winterwest and the Five are all unhappy or jealous. The Lunatic fringe? That is millions of people that you would sell your soul for. The problem is for all three of you is that you never had the soul to attract a mass audience,hence your disgust with Beckor anyone who is more successful than you. Get over yourselves and get some success so everyone can tear you down. This is not about politics. This is about the jealous envious nature of all three of you. Quit yer whining and get to work.

maxinfo, 9/19/2009 11:11:07 PM
Message #243934

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 pm

I can surmise what you are like by what you post.

You are an intellectual that lives at 7000 feet.

You have cancer.

You don't like Glenn Beck.

You post here way too often.

You fancy yourself a smarter more superior critical thinker.

You are smug.

You are over 50 years old.

You have never tried to be as successful as you want or thought you could be.

You are smart. Thoughtful. Maybe a bit forgiving.

You hate Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

You have posted here over two hundred times.

You have disdain for people who you deem" less intelligent" than you.

You have small genitalia.

I know where you live.

I know you smoked a ton.

I know you hate Glenn Beck.

Would you like to meet Glenn in person or be on his show?

How about Rush. Would you like to be on his show?

The answer to the above is yes.

See.I can read your mind.

See.I do know what you are like.

maxinfo, 9/19/2009 11:22:23 PM
Message #243935

csnoah98

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Wasn't he the guy on YouTube that cried for us to leave Brittney alone?

mudcat, 9/20/2009 8:10:49 AM
Message #243936

cuddzu

Beck....

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 am

Wasn't he the guy on YouTube that cried for us to leave Brittney alone?

mudcat, 9/20/2009 8:10:49 AM
Message #243936
Thank You
All Access Moderator