GLENN BECK

Moderator: pmsimon

cuddzu

Yea! This is fun!

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Geez, Max, I really do try to not be a prick to people like you (with an obvious lack of life experience) when I post here. Why? because at 51 years old, (yes, you got that one right! Of course I think I remember GIVING you that one!) I've gained a little wisdom. And yes, having kicked stage 4 throat cancers ass nearly 5 years ago, I don't quite look at life the way many do. That's why I can say without a doubt, that I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about huge numbers and cash if I have to sell my soul to get it. It's called INTEGRITY, Max. But that's another post...

Let's go to the scoreboard!

"You are an intellectual that lives at 7000 feet."
Yes, I live at 7000'
"intellectual"? While everyone possesses a certain amount of intellect, whether or not someone is an "intellectual" is pretty subjective.

"You have cancer."
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! I kicked it's ASS!
(Well...Almighty GOD kicked its ass, but I got to watch!)

"You don't like Glenn Beck."
Wrong. I don't know Glenn Beck.

"You post here way too often."
I guess that depends on who you ask. At 51, I probably have more "leisure time" than you have. And, since I've pared my radio life down to a one hour show per week, I probably don't work as hard at it anymore as you do. (I have a "real job", too, but I don't work very hard there, either)

"You fancy yourself a smarter more superior critical thinker."
Maybe. Compared to who?

"You are smug."
I'm pretty sure everyone is to someone.

"You are over 50 years old."
Covered that one.

"You have never tried to be as successful as you want or thought you could be."
Is that one of those "shoulda-coulda-woulda" kinda things? As I'm sure you'll find when you've logged a few more years, there are probably things I may have done differently. My choice was to work in high-end, recreational markets that offered incredible lifestyle. I never worked above market 25. Of course, my life till now has made me who I am. I like me.

"You are smart. Thoughtful. Maybe a bit forgiving."
Yes. Yes. Very.

"You hate Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh."
Haven't we done this one already? I don't know either of them. And I can think of no one I HATE.

"You have posted here over two hundred times."
Really? Is there a source for that information? Seriously, I'd like to know how many years it took me to do that!

"You have disdain for people who you deem" less intelligent" than you."
Nope. Again, you'll find as you age you come to realize how little you know, not how much.

"You have small genitalia."
I thought you said you knew me?

"I know where you live."
Why haven't you stopped in for a cup of coffee?

"I know you smoked a ton."
At one point, two packs of Camel straights per day. Although my doctors didn't seem to think that that's where my cancer came from as I was so young when I was diagnosed.

"I know you hate Glenn Beck."
????????????????????????????

"Would you like to meet Glenn in person or be on his show?"
"How about Rush. Would you like to be on his show?"
No, not particularly, Max. You have to realize that after 30 years in this business, I've dined and partied and skied with Hollywood stars, Presidents, and royalty. I've also hung out with guys and gals that wait on tables, tune skis, build houses and work on RVs. I'm attracted to who people are, not what they do or what they have.

"The answer to the above is yes. See.I can read your mind. See.I do know what you are like."
Some day, Max, my guess is that you'll look back at this and see how you, in fact, are the arrogant one here in this exchange. You seem to have a real investment in convincing me that I should respect Glenn Beck for what he does, what he has, or...or what? Why do you care so much about what I think of him or Rush or anyone else for that matter? And why does it torture you so that you can't change my mind?

My thought at this point is that I've spent enough time here this afternoon. There are storm clouds gathering over The Ranch and I've got some beef jerky to make!

All Good Prayers and Blessings to All!

winterwest, 9/20/2009 3:47:41 PM
Message #243941
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

Beck sucks.

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Sure, he's popular. But like lots of popular stuff, it's still trash. And if you are a big fan, that says unflattering things about you.

tstone, 9/20/2009 4:44:28 PM
Message #243942
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

Winterwest

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Now I know more about you than ever.

I don't watch Beck.
I don't listen to Limbaugh

I like the fact that they are successful and come from radio.

I am young but I ,like you, praise God for the gifts of health and love.

Thanks for the reply.

maxinfo, 9/20/2009 9:07:59 PM
Message #243946
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

Winterwest Thanks for the post

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Dear Winter

You r a patient and kind man. I re-read your post and it is very thoughtful. I hope I can be gracious when I am 51 and I do have a lot to learn.

Thanks.

Now...what do you think about Savage?

maxinfo, 9/21/2009 1:58:44 PM
Message #243982
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

NEVER FAILS

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm

There's always someone on every board on the internet bound and determined to be an ass. Age and experience have nothing to do with it.

The latest is maxinfo. One of these "I'm too busy working to post" guys - yet somehow manages to do just that. Hi, max. I know you're reading this. And here's a little newsflash. Guys like me, the5, CB, winterwest and a few others have a lot more experience and success than you. It would be a better thing for youto listen and learn. If you do challenge, do it with a bit of respect, son.

halltalk, 9/21/2009 2:07:38 PM
Message #243983
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

RE: WINTERWEST

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm

"I've dined and partied and skied with Hollywood stars, Presidents, and royalty. I've also hung out with guys and gals that wait on tables, tune skis, build houses and work on RVs. I'm attracted to who people are, not what they do or what they have."

Thank you Winterwest. You have no idea how perfect that quote helps me hammer out some personal shit.

Fuck this...Im going boarding.

heypookey, 9/21/2009 2:08:39 PM
Message #243984
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

Max is actually, right.

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Winterest. Take a week off, too smug and self-righteous lately. Just telling it like it is. Your buddy Hall Talk is a lost cause.

mockspeed, 9/21/2009 3:42:51 PM
Message #243989
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

"And I'll tell ya somethin' else...!"

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Mockspeed:
"Winterest. Take a week off, too smug and self-righteous lately. Just telling it like it is..."

I AM off! How do you think I have time to make jerky and post this much? Actually, Mock, I SHOULD be out cutting wood! Oh, and see my last post on the whole "smug" thing. You must be mine.

--------------------------------------------

Jojo:
"THIS JUST IN....
There are now officially more Alskan Spotted Owls than radio on-air professionals.'

Yes, and they're DELICIOUS!
(The owls, that is)

Heypookie:
"Thank you Winterwest. You have no idea how perfect that quote helps me hammer out some personal shit.

Damn! I wish I could take credit for your bliss, but you got there on your own.

"Fuck this...Im going boarding."

Yeah baby! Now THERE'S words to live by!

Halltalk:
"NEVER FAILS..."

C'mon, Hall. It's "fire in the belly" my brother! Surely you remember challenging the
"old guard" yourself! When we lose those who will do that, this business really IS done!

And for that, thank you, Max.
(Didn't I already cover Savage?)

winterwest, 9/21/2009 5:31:49 PM
Message #243991
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

GLENN BECK ON THE COVER OF TIME

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm

A little early to be naming Time's "Asshole of the Year" isn't it?

halltalk, 9/21/2009 10:26:55 PM
Message #243995
Thank You
All Access Moderator

cuddzu

Halltalk

Post by cuddzu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Good night and God Bless you.

I am "hall talked" out.

maxinfo, 9/21/2009 11:06:12 PM
Message #243996
Thank You