Somebody get these guys on the radio!! ALT-J

Moderators: shawnski, jdenver

chrisdaniels84

Somebody get these guys on the radio!! ALT-J

Post by chrisdaniels84 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 am

If you know who I'm talking about then you probably listen to BBC Radio 1 like I do :mrgreen:

The band is ALT-J from Leeds and they are getting some pretty big exposure in the UK. Just like everything else does (it just takes forever) THIS WILL be heard in the US. You can help speed up the process too. Foster The People, Gotye, FUN, The Wanted, GroupLove , etc, etc, etc every one of these bands was viewed as obscure before US radio started playing the hell out of em! Alex Clare, Ed Sheeran soon to be on that list too!

Just listen to the song, you can't tell me this shouldn't be on the radio here. You can't. In fact I bet you'll listen to it over and over again kind of like I'm doing. 8-)

Bottom line - This is an incredible piece of music and it's one unlike anything else out right now. The video is, well interesting to say the least. Give these guys a listen and you'll be glad that you did. Also Ed Sheeran but that's another post for another time. ALT-J and this is their soon to be smash hit "Breezeblocks"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVeMiVU77wo&ob=av3e

cdaher

Re: Somebody get these guys on the radio!! ALT-J

Post by cdaher » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

I enjoyed Alt-J. Breezeblocks was sort of an "out there" type of song, but it strangely worked. Alternative music seems, as of late, to go more of the industrial/techno/computer sound. Guys like them, Ms Mister, Chvrches all seem to be like that. It's an interesting direction.

liza21

Post by liza21 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm

I usually like to listen radio in my free time.

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:25 pm

i glad to join with this community Thanks.