No Sleep Til Saltburn Book

Moderator: moe

overboard

No Sleep Til Saltburn Book

Post by overboard » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Really want to get a copy of this.. New book based on the British Metal Scene!

The long awaited first book from broadcaster and writer Mark Gregory, 'No Sleep Till Saltburn', is Out Now exclusively atLulu.com

Charting the author's chaotic forays into fanzine production, concert promotion, local rock radio, band management, and music journalism, No Sleep Till Saltburn is a hugely affectionate look at the great North East UK - New Wave Of British Heavy Metal during the early 1980's.

Featuring such luminary North East outfits as Black Rose, Battleaxe, Satan, and Raven, as well as Brit-Metal Kings – Saxon and Def Leppard, amongst others

arbitronjeremy

Re: No Sleep Til Saltburn Book

Post by arbitronjeremy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 am

This book drags on a little bit, but its got some really fascinating stories in it! The radio stuff is amazing! Wish I could get away with some of that stuff in the studio! :idea:

nosleeptillsaltburn

Post by nosleeptillsaltburn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:11 am

Hi

Thank you for posted about my book. Jeremy I'm interested to know which city you're located and how long your book took to deliver?

Glad you found some of the stories of interest and thank you for your support.

Mark Gregory - Author - No Sleep Till Saltburn

arbitronjeremy

Post by arbitronjeremy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Hey Mark!

Again, loved the book! Located in Los Angeles and it took a little over a week to get! Maybe we could work on getting a signed copy at some point.

Seriously Great Stuff!
Keep up the good work..

nosleeptillsaltburn

Post by nosleeptillsaltburn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 am

Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated, and as the book is only being promoted 'guerilla style' on the web, really useful too.

Sorry for all my questions, but I'm also interested to find out a) how you HEARD about No Sleep Till Saltburn? And b) in that the book is about a real microcosm of the English scene, including what I would describe as quite 'English humour', how you feel that translates to you across the pond? I'm not looking for compliments here, just genuinely interested to know.

best

GET ROCKED!

Mark G

vegasgrl

Post by vegasgrl » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:55 pm

I read the book as well in Vegas!

Only took me about a week or so to get, and thought it was funny. It translated well! You should have no
problems with this book doing well in the US. Its a very funny book with some great stories!