Why is alternative rock radio so unlistenable as of late?

Moderator: moe

jason711

Re: Why is alternative rock radio so unlistenable as of late?

Post by jason711 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:54 pm

pdalterego wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:57 am
Check out indie617.com.
Thanks I am enjoying it. It's leans current but I like it better than commercial alternative stations.

jeffberlin

Post by jeffberlin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:38 am

An *amazing* amount of incredible, mind blowing, genre bending music was released in 2020 and continuing in 2021. Names: Death Valley Girls, L.A. Witch, Ohmme, Protomartyr, Fontaines DC, Dry Cleaning, Wand, MOURN, Cuffed Up, FACS..

Note these bands all have copious amounts of guitar, less synths.

These bands seem to elude radio programmers, but they're on college radio and Spotify. I gave up on commercial alternative after getting tired of hearing a song by Nirvana, Green Day, Pearl Jam, RHCP, and Smashing Pumpkins every single friggin' hour 20-30 years after their songs were first out.

marz2k

Post by marz2k » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:07 am

wormrock106 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:34 am
Because alternative rock isn't ROCK at all anymore.
Sad and true. My advice: Ignore everything that starts with numbers or small letters in the artist/song name.

linklope

Post by linklope » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:19 am

For setting, I live in the southeastern US, and I've fundamentally got one station to pay attention to elective stone. Beside the odd 90's or 00's work of art, their library is intended for new other option, and they play more from groups like DREAMERS, the Revivalists, and the Interrupters. I've made a couple of incredible revelations from this sort of stuff (specifically Bob Moses), yet generally a gigantic part of it is simply terrible. I've practically had a similar encounter paying attention to alt stations elsewhere in the nation as well.

So why not have a station that plays real extraordinary set up elective stuff? Something worked around U2, Radiohead, the Cure, Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Incubus, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, squint 182, etc...there's a very sizable amount of material to outfit it around groups like that and blend in fresher demonstrations when they genuinely make music sufficient to remain close by the greats. I'm not even sure what the current objective crowd would i say i is (like other option, I like top 40, hypothetically I should this way), yet it is extremely unlikely they wouldn't improve the manner in which I was saying, correct?