Dave & Jess Ray: Giving it away

Moderator: mdjmarketing

kemoSnake

Dave & Jess Ray: Giving it away

Post by kemoSnake » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:39 am

I liked what Dave & Jess Ray had to say in this week's 10 Questions: http://www.allaccess.com/christian/10-q ... e-jess-ray

They were talking about the woman they met in Sudan who gave them a chicken and asked the (rhetorical) question: What would happen if we gave away 1/6 of our possessions?

That really hit me. I think it's great that they are giving away all the money from the sale of their new record and it makes me want to contribute.

Any other thoughts out there on what they're doing? I think it sounds noble and honest and helpful.

jaqchapman

Re: Dave & Jess Ray: Giving it away

Post by jaqchapman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 am

I love this story. I think it's a great idea.

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:25 pm

It helps that they have a day job at the church. They can afford to give the proceeds away.

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 am

While that might be true, Mr. Nardmuffin, or nardMuffin, artists can create music as rapidly as they care to or are able to (contractually or physically able). And who's to say that more artists can dream up an EP like this as a "side job" to promote needs around the world, without it needing to be the "brain child" of some marketing VP? The artist still has their day job at a church or touring on the road, and they put something "nice" together like this.

pieapple

Post by pieapple » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:27 pm

I love this story. I think it's a great idea.