Prayers for Haiti

Moderator: mdjmarketing

jaqchapman

Prayers for Haiti

Post by jaqchapman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Sending out prayers to the people of Haiti after yesterday's horrible earthquake.

WPOZ's midday host Melony McKaye has been there on a missions trip. Prayers for her and the missions team she is with. This is certain to be life-changing for them as they come back to the States on Friday.

How have your listeners been responding?

lawPro

Re: Prayers for Haiti

Post by lawPro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 am

Saw this in your news this morning: how non-comms can apply with FCC to raise relief monies for Haiti.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... -haiti-aid

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:39 am

Melony McKay got home early Saturday morning from Haiti. She was on the WPOZ morning show this morning telling her story. Wow! Powerful and moving and heart-breaking. She's back on her midday shift tomorrow at WPOZ.

DRE YOUNG

Post by DRE YOUNG » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I send all my prayers to all who lost someone special in there lives.. You know a lot of times I wish I had the ability to help and heal may broken hearted sisters and brothers all over the world , that include all and everyone in the world. We all must understand no matther who it is, this could be one of us, and we need to feel it as if it was...My love for many is great and all I can do is send my heart and this letter to show my feelings. Yes if I had a lot of money I would donate, but that won't fix it, and my sorrow won't fix it. this is all I have to give is the blessings of our LORD JESUS CHRIST and my love for many families all around the world from hunger to the homeless. America and the entire world, we need to pull together to show our love, not just when a terrible moment happend, but thrughout our short time here on this earth. Love is a very powerful tool in life, it can change many things if we learn to put it into work in our lives, Remember a brother or sister is dieing every 24 hours by the many, could be me or you or a love one. So lets pull together everyday to show our love for many just as GOD did for us................LOVE, Your forever brother.....Dre Young WRTC FM

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Very well said! Thank you!

kemoSnake

Post by kemoSnake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I tried to post this before it didn't work. I'll try again. I saw another story that Melony shared about her trip:

THANK YOU so much for the prayer and thoughts!! God is truly AH-MAZING!! Our team is back and safe and wishing we were still there to help, they soooo need it!

Today is my first day back on the air and I am struggling with the gazillion thoughts in my head and trying to just let out 1 per break!

One story: Milo is the director of one of the schools for New Missions, the organization I was with. Following the earthquake he came to our compound to check on us. He had lost his home and many family members. As we prayed with him, he thanked Jesi (Jesus) for NOT forgetting him. After we said "Amen" he looked me in the eyes and said, "When you leave don't forget me and don't forget Haiti." As the days, weeks and months pass, please DON'T FORGET HAITI!!!

Mel

***Thanks, Melony, for sharing the stories with us and the city of Orlando!