Christian Radio Signing Off in Some Markets

Moderator: mdjmarketing

nuzehound

Christian Radio Signing Off in Some Markets

Post by nuzehound » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm

The economy seems to be hitting Christian radio hard in some markets. Back on July 9th, KVTT A.M. in Dallas pulled the plug on its signal. In August, Northwestern's Florida signal WSMR goes away according to their website: "Life 89.1 Going Off Air August 4th." A Catholic Christian station in Nevada is up for sale, as is a Christian station in northern Virginia. I can't remember when a recession did this much damage to Christian radio. Very sad news.

nardMuffin

Re: Christian Radio Signing Off in Some Markets

Post by nardMuffin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:30 pm

That's two examples. Any more? And how many examples could we find in mainstream radio?

Not to diminish the loss of work at those stations you mentioned, of course.

richardwbailey

Post by richardwbailey » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Like it or not..Christian Radio IS suffering in many markets.....Hard Core Christians don't want to face the Fact but it is and in most cases it their fault....there is a falling away.....and frankly, in my opinion if you listen you can hear why!
A lot of syndicated programs on Christian Radio has a political agenda or to be blunt conservative agenda and to the average non Christian American this doesn't cut it. Why don't we let the Music do the talking and STOP the self righteousness trying to tell listeners how they should live...as they accept Jesus the Holy Spirit will take care of that believe in Jesus and stay away from religion. Its a belief!

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 am

The gospel message in its purest form confronts and is offensive. Can the same or something similar be said for a watered down, family friendly version? It's like the Gospel Lite. Shouldn't radio folks just talk normally about life and allow that to make the difference. Like you said, if Jesus and the Holy Spirit can take care of the rest.

liftfm

Post by liftfm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:48 pm

I don't know the particulars of each station but I believe some people may be tuning out Republican talk as it is drifting away from "conservative values".

More and more of these conservatives are advocating liberal views:

Laura Bush tells America she is pro-choice.
Elizabeth Hasselback acknowleding she supports Gay Marriage.
Rush Limbaugh married a gay right advocate and had a gay rights advocate, Elton John sing at his wedding.

In addtion, many elected Senators and Congressman in the Republican have been caught participating in adulteress or homosexual activity.

This may all be contributing to lower ratings.