What Has Happened to This Forum?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
winterwest

Re: What Has Happened to This Forum?

Post by winterwest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 am

You're not alone. I've notice how the number of posts has dropped dramatically. I think it's because you're now inclined to respond specifically to one topic at a time instead of those shotgun responses that hit everything (and everybody) at once.

Geez, Hall...here we are again! A bunch of old radio guys complaining about the new and yearning for "the way it used to be"!

I feel as though a wall has been built across the common backyard where we would all meet and talk over coffee, throw our trash in each others yards, and piss & moan about the world. (sigh...)

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 am

I've sort of felt the same way as you two gents on the change in the forums. On the plus side, the daily Warpfactor/Halltalk smackdown has diminished considerably, (not that they were'nt occasionally entertaining Hall). On the other hand, the place has taken on a rather sterile, corporate flavor, not unlike the current state of the industry.

However, Winter, your post got me to thinking. Yes, you sound like the typical radio geezer pining for the good old days (count me in with that crowd if you like) which is usually the first reaction to change from folks like us whenever something new comes along. That said, the next reaction is usually something along the lines of "how can I make this new technology work for me?"

I have an idea.

As far as i can tell, there is nothing stopping us from making this forum our own, and it can be very much like the Net Talk of old, only "new and improved." All we need to do is create a new topic thread called "THE FREE FOR ALL" This would be the thread that would emulate the old Net TalK. As long as there are new posts, the thread will remain above the fold in the forum topics. Multi-topic posts and the banter of yore would again live and thrive on THE FREE FOR ALL.

In fact, I think i'll create the thread right now and see what happens. Feel free to join in if you like. Hey, we've survived this long, can't let a little message board revamp stop us now!

Jala

Post by Jala » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:48 pm

WOW! HALL! You would argue A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iheartradio8568

Post by iheartradio8568 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Thats really silly. I kinda of like the new site format. Why don't you check out shovio.com, its pretty cool, great people to chat with and awesome stuff to watch. I'll see you there.

tstone

Post by tstone » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:57 am

Two thoughts come to mind.

1. Again, this illustrates that change is not always good, lots of change is due to decisions made by others. And some of those are morons (not saying TPTB here are, but I'm wondering whether the current set-up works for this site). But the idea that one must not make waves, one must not rage, one must just go along...when did we become so gutless?

2. Some of those complaining about the change were also complaining about the previous format and how certain folks tended to monopolize things. Now, they can't. THIS goes to show that you can't please everyone.

Some random thoughts.

Hey, dudes.

mrrnb

Post by mrrnb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 am

If this format drives away the knuckleheads, I'm all for it. The old format was 95% juvenile.

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Folks, you can still piss n moan or post constructive ideas or whatever you like, in the new AllAccess.com Forums.

Bottomline, is that change is difficult for some.

Most AllAccess.com readers love the new layout and format of the site -- some didn't initially, and have now come around to really seeing the simplicity of it and easy of navigation to find the rich content that AllAccess.com has.

Compared to our old Net Talk message board these new Forums are seeing many thousands more page views and skyrocketing useage.

It just takes time for folks to realize that they can get all of this great AllAccess.com content, and stay on this site to post their thoughts here in Net Talk, or about a Net News story, or make comments about someting in the Format, or Market Forums, or the other General Discussion Forums.

If you have suggestions to improve AllAccess.com, don't be shy. We look at every one of them!!!

Email to suggestions@allaccess.com.

We'll have some additional features to announce, soon.

Thanks for the support and your input! -- Joel Denver

pbergin

Post by pbergin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

>>>If you have suggestions to improve AllAccess.com, don't be shy. We look at every one of them!!!<<<

Free beer on Fridays!!!!!!!! :D

zacster

Post by zacster » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 am

Well i think you have to jump through to many hoops and you can't just scroll down and read everyone's rant anymore! They need to change it back to when you could just scroll through! To much trouble and time to use it anymore.

KOOL Listener Lauren

Post by KOOL Listener Lauren » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:57 pm

I guess if you prefer a page full of "rants" on so many different topics, you would hate these AllAccess Forums.

Now, I actually spend time reading posts here. And we have nice "subjects" to each thread so we know whether or not it'll interest us.

I like organization.