***THE FREE FOR ALL***

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
robnokshus

***THE FREE FOR ALL***

Post by robnokshus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

Hey there net Talk denizen. Frustrated by the new look of the AA forums? Nostalgic for the free-wheeling Net Talk of yore? Well, fret no more friend...

Welcome to "THE FREE FOR ALL!"

Post here like you would in the old Net Talk. Discuss multiple topics in a single post. Say something snide about Warpfactor or Gargy. Offer friendly advice to noobs or challenge some young upstart to compare paychecks and/or engage in martial arts showdowns. As much as things change, people stay the same. So, for a little taste of the same ol' same ol' I give you...

THE FREE FOR ALL

Have at it.

winterwest

Re: ***THE FREE FOR ALL***

Post by winterwest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:52 am

Rob, this was truly one of those "Big Angry Dog" moments. Thanks for chasing him out from under the porch...

"And I'll tell ya something else...!"

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm sure there's some sort of happy medium to be struck between the new and the old. We'll see just how many folks really miss the old Net Talk. No big deal for me as it's just one more diversion keeping me from working . A guilty pleasure to be sure!

mudcat

Post by mudcat » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Lessee, should I just put up a group of random snarks, and let the other posters pick and choose? Seems like old times.......anybody got some cart pads or a china marker I can borry?

rojbanks

Post by rojbanks » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:21 am

A new "The free for all" is a good move, but i like old one... how is it diff. from old one? is it that we can do multipal topics chat in a single post? but same also done in the old one too..any way it remains the old one for me to get rid of boring work for some time....

Jala

Post by Jala » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 pm

The old forum was like hockey with out the helmets....

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 am

And that was just one reason to love it...

sexpot

Post by sexpot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Get over yourselves! It's new and it's evolution, deal with it...use it to your advantage and stop your bitching! That's what's wrong with the industry, in part, why waste time looking in the review mirror when clearly watching the road ahead is more important and requires more attention than ever! Radio-Dino's, get back to being whiney babies, picking on people smaller than you and get past the forum changes! TTFN!

teckstuff

Post by teckstuff » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:58 am

Sexpot is right...for the most part. We have to look to the future to keep radio alive. Most of what's happening now is NOT good. Voice-tracking replacing LIVE LOCAL talent, syndicated shows replacing the same, and bean counters caring more about the bottom line than making good radio. Most radio today sucks because corporations have sucked the best talent out of the industry. Like some here, I left full-time radio because of shitty pay. Sure, I have been offered a bunch of jobs for $24K. No thanks! I make more than 3 times that NOT doing radio. Do you know how many times I have been told I don't have the "sound" they are looking for. What the F*** does that mean anyway? I have a good voice, but what I do now is not "mainstream" radio. I guess it's now who you know...it's who you bl**!

spearman

Post by spearman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Just thought I'd share a little something with you. Today a guy came over to the house to do some work and I told him that I used to do radio. He said "why has radio become so boring? I used to listen and hear what the personalities had to say, then they'd play a great song. Now I hear very little personality and the same 10 songs over again." What's he listen to now? His IPOD.