Producer Kevin, I have a job for you

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
MorningMaven

Producer Kevin, I have a job for you

Post by MorningMaven » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm

But, first you have to learn how to spell, or I will be "pist" off and "dieing". And, the original post took me 35 seconds to type. Just like this one. Go take your little laptop radio station, and hire your dork friends who live in their mom's basement. Grown ups need money, and yes, we used to intern. But, we didn't get our internship off a JOB website! Don't you get it? Go post your shotty operation on a college bulletin board.

mockspeed

Re: Producer Kevin, I have a job for you

Post by mockspeed » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 pm

RIght, producer Kevin live from his Mom's basement. :)

mockspeed

Post by mockspeed » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Also, Joel is now censoring posts on this topic.

djonair

Post by djonair » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 am

Gosh I don't recall ever working for FREE and I've been on the air since I was 12 years old. LOL Some people know what there worth. ;-)

fmantac27

Post by fmantac27 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 pm

I am Kevin's lover, Sergei, and I will NOT stand idly by as you verbally pound his tight little tush.

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:03 am

djonair wrote:Gosh I don't recall ever working for FREE and I've been on the air since I was 12 years old. LOL Some people know what there worth. ;-)
Grammar lesson 1
it's "they're" as in they are, not "there" as in over there

I guess getting into radio at 12 was more important than staying in English class, LOL.

johnwilson25

Post by johnwilson25 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:26 pm

When I take a look at http://www.mediauk.com/radio/jobs they make a distinction between non-paid jobs and regular jobs. It would be so ez for allaccess to require that distinction in the subject. While it only wastes a few seconds of my time to discover this is a no-money job.. when hundreds of ppl click on it.. you are wasting the time of a lot of ppl. I've been begging for a long time for ppl to put that and location, format and position in the title too. Seems like allaccess does not listen to the users on how to make it better.

So allaccess what is your view on this matter? They took time to move the post but are they addressing the issue?

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 pm

It all seems silly, really.

What's the difference between this guy trying to get a free internet station off the ground, or the big corporate station trying to find a guy with 5 years experience to work triple duty (promotions/on air/lawn care) for $10 an hour?

Well.. besides getting a tan and green tennis shoes, that is.