Should the Q3 numbers have us worried?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
rowdyron

Should the Q3 numbers have us worried?

Post by rowdyron » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:42 am

Looking at the latest Q3 Revenue numbers I can't not be worried about the future for myself and other PD's, as well as many jocks out there. I guess my biggest concern is whether the companies are going
to look at this a slow year with a potential upturn sometime in the near future, or if they will take it out
on the staff.
We all know that spending has gotten tighter with everyone including the larger companies. After a look at last year's devastating blows in Feb how can we not be afraid of something like this happening again?? For some reason I'm feeling the 2012 theory, but with radio more than anything else.

micgoddess

Re: Should the Q3 numbers have us worried?

Post by micgoddess » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Of course we should be worried. Let everyone enjoy Christmas, then we'll see a slew of layoffs once again leaving the industry barely standing. But at least we'll have Christmas right?

tuneguru84

Re: Should the Q3 numbers have us worried?

Post by tuneguru84 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Radio is just a microcosm of the rest of the economy -- the correction is on. And it will ripple for years yet.

Not a doom and gloom but it's reality for 95% of all Americans -- we will work harder and longer to achieve what we had just 5 years ago.

Getter done or get out -- just make the best of everything and get your vibe right. It will make things much better for you and your family and your co-workers.