Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

Re: Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Post by jjenkins » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Saw that WLUP in Chicago is having a "contest" to see who gets to host mornings. Really? A contest? How degrading to the "talent." The station knows what the shows sound like and what they can do, the contest crap is a gimmick to make listeners think they have input on what goes on the air. The Liz Wilde woman actually voice-tracked her whole week tryout too! HAHA, good Lord, I am so glad I bailed out of the radio titanic. Look what's left out there, just a bunch of desperate hacks willing to dance like monkeys for peanuts. No more ballsy voices pushing the envelope or challenging mainstream thought anymore.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:04 am

You never left radio, JJ. You're still here. Radio, on the other hand, had no further use for you...and that's OK. I haven't been on the air for a little over a year now, (my choice) but I'll probably jump back in part time 'cause I love me all the great schwag I generate!

leanhnam220

Post by leanhnam220 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

This topic is interesting
Tiny Tanks Unblocked Tiny Tanks

gbarn

Can Turkeys Fly?

Post by gbarn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Remember the outrageously funny Thanksgiving version of WKRP when they discovered turkeys couldn't fly? A contemporary version of the segment would be to determine if Wall Street Radio turkeys could fly! Sorry, it must be time of year...

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Happy Labor Day to our brethren who are still performing their "labor of love!"

tstone

Post by tstone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:43 am

Still here, still rocking. Spread between two radio stations and a newspaper (and tail end of college and Army reserves). But doing well.

frankpeak

Post by frankpeak » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

You definitely have some writing skills ... unlike some former PD's I've worked for .. but how many times have we heard this ... Radio is Dead ? I've heard it my entire career and i always thought it was just a competitive tool that old Jocks would say so you would lose heart and they would take your job .... :)

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:35 pm

It's heartbreaking to see the inevitable happen right before our eyes and ears, not so much the death of radio, but its vibrancy weakening mostly due to a disconnection of service to local communities.

Great radio still exists for me, however. It echoes in my head every day through the memories I've filed away from all the way back to childhood, which is when I became forever attached to it.

alexmilner

Post by alexmilner » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am

I usually love the media contests. The radio contests have served a major role of employees' performance appraisal and actually helps the employees to work even better. I would desire to have more updates on the radio contests in this platform so that I can know more on who are the best radio personalities.Admission Essays Writing Aid

markcphillips

Post by markcphillips » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Wow. cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. super smash flash 2 :roll: