Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
robnokshus

Re: Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Post by robnokshus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Danno, Glenn Beck called. He wants his act back.

tstone

Post by tstone » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Indeed.

Hey, Danno, your behavior that you've been exhibiting, to question those in power in any way, unless it is in a way approved by you, in effect being labeled an "enemy" of all that is "good, decent, blah blah", is more the behavoir of those in a totalitarian state than any I've yet to even come close to exhibiting.

Left winger: "I think x policy is hurting our nation."

Right winger: "Why do you hate America?"

Time to turn off Faux Noise,. turn your brain back on and come home.

I don't know how you can turn on the radio, listen to what passes for "programming" nowadays, see how most have declared it teh suck and given up on it (do a Google search and see how many hits come up for "Clear Channel Sucks". I dare you) and continue to say that "Oh, every thing is fine, we are just looking to make a profit".

Profit comes through excellence.

No way you are defending excellence.

tstone

Post by tstone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

Just say the word, danno, and I'll stick with single syllable words and the kinds of pictures you find in Baby's First Reader.

Glenn Beck has also said, "I am a rodeo clown. Anyone who takes me seriously is an idiot."

In Clear Channel news...

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ar-channel

Mmmm...good radio. :D

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:20 am

Danno- shutup

Know when it's over.

(Now, let's see how many ignorant comments he can post in retort.)

tstone

Post by tstone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 pm

You couldn't screw in a light bulb. And as long as the Cheap Channel apologists get their way with the thin gruel they call "radio", the medium will remain on it's ass. For people have other choices elsewhere.

And yeah, I hate Clear Channel. There's much to hate.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Well, there's one ignorant comment... Any more..?

Perhaps you're messing with some of these people's heads, but not mine. I have zero interest in your dumb thoughts. I've barely skimmed your stupid crap. It looks like the same old tired garbage any radio hack wanna-be-know-it- all regurgitates.

Merry Christmas dummy

mbass85

Post by mbass85 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 am

CarterManGod wrote:Yes, I would consider those people greedy. Being able to command a salary does not mean it's reasonable for your services. This is the beautiful trap of Capitalism. Everyone, actually, thinks they have a shot at the big bucks, when most of us, you, will never see a dime over an average salary your entire life. Peyton Manning gets a huge salary, why, because he did well in P.E? Gaga, why, cause she's high enough to wear a meat suit for a photo?

I'm very sorry right-wing conservative person to have used a word like 'greedy' that threatens your shot at the big bucks!
with an attitude like this you most assuredly WILL not make the big $$$. Capitalism is beautiful trap? tell me then what utopia you would like to live in? maybe you can take your radio skills to cuba, or north korea where everyone is "equal" and you can have your cake there and eat it too. quit bitching. hard work pays off! those CEO's and atheletes and musicans didn't wake up rich? it was through hard work that they are successful! it is you sir that will never see a dime over your average pay because you are a "prisoner in your mind" change your attitude, or read a book! and for god sakes: DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR Professor Emeritus of Communism 101...

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm not a Communist-thanks. And God forbid I utter a negative word about Capitalism. I don't believe there is a perfect system either, so you're right, I don't have a solution in my mind for a replacement system. I, also, didnt ask for a replacement system. I was merely pointing out the phenomenon of everyone thinking they are the ones who will strike it rich. In the 1980's about 100,000 people a year would become millionaires every year. That's 100,000 out of the entire national population, and a time when the economy was good. For the most part, the rich stay rich & the poor stay poor. Maybe calling it a 'trap' was a poor choice of words, but is the way of things. I'm sorry if I threatened your own 'hopes' at becoming rich, but it's not going to happen in this biz- and that's just the way it is.

And I could only 'be a prisoner of my own mind' if I kept the delusion that this industry would turn around. It IS Capitalism & greed that has caused the consolodation of this industry, and the current state of it. I suggest that it is you who 'read a book.'

And I won't be taking my radio skills anywhere but the occasional trip down memory lane- 'cause I'm out, and for good.

Those celebs weren't born rich, I know. They profited from the one, and only, thing in this universe that's real. LUCK. Just dumb luck. And it's not 'bitching' to say so- it's observation. There are likely hundreds of thousands of other people with their exact same skills, but there's only enough room & luck for a few at the top. Those other talented people I speak of will wait tables instead, and their real talents will go unused. I don't consider this sad, or unfair btw- it's just the way it is.

Don't assume I'm feeling sorry for anyone, including myself. I simply call 'em as I see 'em. There are too many people for everyone to 'make it,' or even be seen, regardless of talent or skill. I'm at peace with that reality, I'm sorry if you're not.

You're right about one thing: 'Hard work pays off"- but only if LUCK will have you. "Luck favors the prepared."

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 am

Chatter gets louder about more radio industry cut backs. So, you think your number may be called this time, you see yourself at a crossroads? Remember, you never get anywhere without "breaking on thru" to the other side a few times in your life. Here's to smooth sailing in 2012. Happy New Year!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:55 am

'Broadcast Announcer' Makes Top 10 List Of Jobs Projected To Shrink. All Access - January 10, 2012