Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
CarterManGod

Re: Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm not a Communist-thanks. And God forbid I utter a negative word about Capitalism. I don't believe there is a perfect system either, so you're right, I don't have a solution in my mind for a replacement system. I, also, didnt ask for a replacement system. I was merely pointing out the phenomenon of everyone thinking they are the ones who will strike it rich. In the 1980's about 100,000 people a year would become millionaires every year. That's 100,000 out of the entire national population, and a time when the economy was good. For the most part, the rich stay rich & the poor stay poor. Maybe calling it a 'trap' was a poor choice of words, but is the way of things. I'm sorry if I threatened your own 'hopes' at becoming rich, but it's not going to happen in this biz- and that's just the way it is.

And I could only 'be a prisoner of my own mind' if I kept the delusion that this industry would turn around. It IS Capitalism & greed that has caused the consolodation of this industry, and the current state of it. I suggest that it is you who 'read a book.'

And I won't be taking my radio skills anywhere but the occasional trip down memory lane- 'cause I'm out, and for good.

Those celebs weren't born rich, I know. They profited from the one, and only, thing in this universe that's real. LUCK. Just dumb luck. And it's not 'bitching' to say so- it's observation. There are likely hundreds of thousands of other people with their exact same skills, but there's only enough room & luck for a few at the top. Those other talented people I speak of will wait tables instead, and their real talents will go unused. I don't consider this sad, or unfair btw- it's just the way it is.

Don't assume I'm feeling sorry for anyone, including myself. I simply call 'em as I see 'em. There are too many people for everyone to 'make it,' or even be seen, regardless of talent or skill. I'm at peace with that reality, I'm sorry if you're not.

You're right about one thing: 'Hard work pays off"- but only if LUCK will have you. "Luck favors the prepared."

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 am

Chatter gets louder about more radio industry cut backs. So, you think your number may be called this time, you see yourself at a crossroads? Remember, you never get anywhere without "breaking on thru" to the other side a few times in your life. Here's to smooth sailing in 2012. Happy New Year!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:55 am

'Broadcast Announcer' Makes Top 10 List Of Jobs Projected To Shrink. All Access - January 10, 2012

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Clear Channel brings out the scalpel again!

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

I think you misspelled machete there, Gbarn.

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm sure the other knife will fall.

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Is radio too big to fail, or too weak to survive? Question arises following a trip 'cross country searching the dial for something interesting.. It was a heart-breaking relief when the journey ended.

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Happy Thanksgiving radio friends!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm

A timely post from a year ago. Boy, how things haven't changed.

danno

Post by danno » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 pm

gbarn wrote:Is radio too big to fail, or too weak to survive? Question arises following a trip 'cross country searching the dial for something interesting.. It was a heart-breaking relief when the journey ended.
THERE IS A CURE FOR THAT...XM RADIO.... "Radio" is so LAME i can't listen to LOCAL: Radio anymore.