Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
raymond

Re: Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Post by raymond » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 am

In all honesty, I do agree with everything said here. I witnessed Corporate rip offs of the DJs, Sales Staff and listeners alike. Worked for stations where they allow someone who doesn't have a brain in their head run things, while the guy walks out of the station with a handful of CDs in his arms and blame someone else for it. The guy stole gas from a DJs car to mow the grass and thought it was funny. Last laugh fell on him as the DJ put carburetor cleaner in the tank and it ruined the jerk's lawn mower. Now who's laughing big shot?
I've noticed how some stations say "You get on for 20 seconds or less, and shut up". Oh joy that's really fun. The idiots in the suits sitting in a cushy office somewhere has NEVER set foot inside a studio, calling all these shots because he thinks he knows it all. :!: :? :(

When I left radio, it was due to being bullied by corporate morons who didn't care what the listeners wanted nor what songs were actually in the format. I was told "Do an all request show, and only play from 100 songs".... Yeah RIGHT! All request and the listener wants to hear the OTHER singles from the artist. What the hell is the point? Why bother.
I severely burned out of radio. To the point I really wanted to punch the last PD I worked under in the nose for being a douche bag. Now after several years, I'd love to get back in. But the question remains... "Is that a good idea?" :idea:

I learned everything in radio. Including repairing the automation systems when the hard drives fail or motherboard burns out. Yet no one has room for someone with a brain in this business anymore.

They only want squeaky dorky sounding punks who are afraid of the mic. So Why bother with it? If you own a station, Don't screw around with a consultant. THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!! :ugeek:

As Tom Petty sang... "There goes the last DJ, who played what he wanted to play, and said what he wanted to say, There goes the last real voice, there goes your freedom of choice.

Yet Corporate buggers decided that song would NOT air on radio for long. It said too much of real radio.

Run from radio? Try to get back in? Is there any REAL stations left these days? Are the ads for jobs offered REAL or are they just posted so they can give the job to some buddy on the inside?

If you really watch, you can see the truth of everything. Greed will destroy us all. And it's well on the way of doing it. Some suit who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about running things? No way! I could run a station and format better than those idiots in New York who call themselves Consultants. Perhaps it's time for the morons to get away from the radio stations and let the owners run them again. Like they did in the early days.

Consultants SUCK! Yeah I said it. I don't give a damn either. I'll say it to their damned faces as well. The DJ is far better than some bugger in a suit who CLAIMS to know it all. They know NOTHING!
Haven't the owners learned this by now? If not When will they learn. Consultants are legalized thieves stealing money from the stations and the owner just hands it over.

Give that cash to the DJs the hell with Consultants. DJs always did a better job of picking the hits. WE have contact with the listeners. Not some dork in a suit!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 am

To paraphrase Pope Francis' revelation, "They had to search the world over to find the people who could bring back the radio P-0's (those who have left the flock) and we found them selflessly serving the disenfranchised in little villages all over America."

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu May 02, 2013 4:49 pm

San Antonio, we have a problem. Revenue dropped 2 big points in Q1. Fire somebody, dammit!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Fri May 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Uh, San Antonio, we have a larger problem. No one left to fire. (over)

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:48 am

Is it true that what is left of the CC tribe starts the day by "facing east," or some close proximity towards New York.? The sinners amongst the tribe have been slaughtered, rightfully so says the Master. Only the pure, poor, and devoted remain. However, the devil hath but one Master; you can still pick and choose your own. Quick, flee with your arms flailing in the air while there's still time. And don't look back. The beat goes on....

gbarn

Free At Last....

Post by gbarn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm

If you've been mercifully cut loose from the heavy, rusty chains as the bow of the rotting ship called corporate radio cuts through the cold water on its fall to fathomless depths, Happy Independence Day, Brethren.

Consider yourself fortunate. You're free at last, thank God Almighty....

sburke

Post by sburke » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 am

Gee...can't wait 'til Cumulus buys CBS, and pulls a CC on that company!

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

Tried patiently to listen to a CC-Calif station last night on I-Heart. Stream dropped three times, Id's and a plethora of PSA's mis-fired. If commercials were scheduled, they didn't run. A polite description would be it was like watching a virtual "train wreck," similar possibly to what I've heard from people trying to access the new health care site.

oofishoo

Post by oofishoo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 am

I can't picture there is in whatever way to win the actual race either- 'cause the more a person stays within stereo, the more they prefer to get a blk & wht television repairman. I do not believe it's negativity to say any of this particular possibly because I as soon as felt just like you. But when We removed the actual eager requirement for stereo to alter from my entire life, clarity ensued. Greed will win. And avarice will ruin something as soon as used by audience and DJ alike.

Probably the most eloquently phrased description of radio's failure will not move the minds from the greedy. And they'll continue to try as well as attract issues under the rug as well as perspective data, ratings and any info necessary to persuade the public that radio is flourishing! They'll perform and state anything to wool companies out of their marketing dollars while offering much less in return for those investments.

Corp radio is full of crooks who are filled with crap. Common thugs within expensive fits not worthy of the positions. And nothing seems as pleasing compared to leaving this for them and leaving looking for some thing significant. When you realize that you're position may be worth much less for them compared to plastic material blade they will use to scrape canine spunk business footwear, this is an easy choice.

gwnda123

Post by gwnda123 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

I know that the grim reapers taking off and landing in private jets today also look down and see similar landscapes of car lights and porch lights, all of which presumably are still quantified even by them as potential listeners.
runescape 2007 gold
old school runescape gold