Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
gwnda123

Re: Radio's Last Contest - Radio's Last Employee

Post by gwnda123 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:20 pm

To be certain, such long term, unwavering allegiance is not a matter of weepy nostalgia. Those who prioritize such periphery are generally interested in little more than providing a backdrop.
buy fifa 14 ultimate team coins
cheap fifa 14 ultimate team coins

marcross

Post by marcross » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Funny how long ago it really started. Sat in the morning chair at Z-95 Milwaukee, new owner came in, picked up a cart and asked, "Whats this"? (Heres my forwarding address. Just send the check.) That was 1986.

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Another year...

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Saw that WLUP in Chicago is having a "contest" to see who gets to host mornings. Really? A contest? How degrading to the "talent." The station knows what the shows sound like and what they can do, the contest crap is a gimmick to make listeners think they have input on what goes on the air. The Liz Wilde woman actually voice-tracked her whole week tryout too! HAHA, good Lord, I am so glad I bailed out of the radio titanic. Look what's left out there, just a bunch of desperate hacks willing to dance like monkeys for peanuts. No more ballsy voices pushing the envelope or challenging mainstream thought anymore.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:04 am

You never left radio, JJ. You're still here. Radio, on the other hand, had no further use for you...and that's OK. I haven't been on the air for a little over a year now, (my choice) but I'll probably jump back in part time 'cause I love me all the great schwag I generate!

leanhnam220

Post by leanhnam220 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

This topic is interesting
Tiny Tanks Unblocked Tiny Tanks

gbarn

Can Turkeys Fly?

Post by gbarn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Remember the outrageously funny Thanksgiving version of WKRP when they discovered turkeys couldn't fly? A contemporary version of the segment would be to determine if Wall Street Radio turkeys could fly! Sorry, it must be time of year...

gbarn

Post by gbarn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Happy Labor Day to our brethren who are still performing their "labor of love!"

tstone

Post by tstone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:43 am

Still here, still rocking. Spread between two radio stations and a newspaper (and tail end of college and Army reserves). But doing well.

frankpeak

Post by frankpeak » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

You definitely have some writing skills ... unlike some former PD's I've worked for .. but how many times have we heard this ... Radio is Dead ? I've heard it my entire career and i always thought it was just a competitive tool that old Jocks would say so you would lose heart and they would take your job .... :)