Snail mail? Really?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
teckstuff

Re: Snail mail? Really?

Post by teckstuff » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 am

Another snail mail request from the "Portland Mornings" post. I find it interesting they want you to be totally digital literate, then you have to actually put postage on an envelope to mail your stuff.

q

Post by q » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm

I don't have a problem with it. I'll send an mp3 to any job just to see what they've got going on. It has to be the right gig for me to go to the post office. I bet it makes the PD's job much easier because only serious candidates apply.

yourdigitalwiz

Post by yourdigitalwiz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 am

Broadband is still not available in rural markets. That is why the FCC is working on a new broadband policy.

I think an email inquiry with at link to a website is appropriate. It you get a require to mail something, call them and ask for what they want to hear and tailor the reel to those needs. They may want to have your reel reviewed by several people so they want it on physical media. They don't have time to burn your reel onto disk.

If you want the gig that much, than burning a CD won't kill you. Just do don't blind mailings unless you have money to burn.

And if you are so technically literate, that should be a value you can add to your resume instead of being so arrogant. They need you even more.