Depressing Salaries

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

Depressing Salaries

Post by jjenkins » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:49 am

Now that I am out of radio I find myself gasping even more at the shit salaries being offered to people over the age of 16 to relocate and work full time. 24k? 28k? Holy shit! I remember the worst salary I received was 11.5k a year. Yes, I'm serious. I loved radio enough that I was willing to sacrifice to get in the door. However, after years of work and reaching the pinnacle of 30k that only lasted for 6 month I got the F out. How do people maintain marriages and lives on this horrible pay and complete lack of stability? I remember a 45 year old guy at my last station, living off of trade coupons and dressing like a teenager. Depressing shit.

partyshark

Re: Depressing Salaries

Post by partyshark » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Could have sworn you said you still work in radio in a major market, and you seemed to be hinting at New York if I remember right ...hahaha I should have kept that post for further reference. I knew the truth would come out sooner or later jenkins. Bwahahahaha!!!

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:56 pm

I am in a major market, but weekends/swing doesn't feel like "being in radio." Don't hate, you can have the gig if you want it.

Jala

Post by Jala » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Wow. When did jjenkins stop being a COMPLETE asshole? Who schooled him? What happened!!?? Dammit! I miss everything!!

Yeah - that turd did say once that he was "Mr. New York"...

BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!.

ledginator

Post by ledginator » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 am

Gym Membership endorsement....value $650 ...Car endorsement = 250 monthly car payment = $2750

endorsement of Golf course for free play =$1500 a year...it ADDS UP

Remotes, endorsement,s...free movie passes...tab at bar gig... lifestyle can be fun in radio

you pay your bills with the paycheck...you live on the radio 'perks'

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

LOL of course if your a retard loser whose main concern is beer money and car payments when you're 45 feel free to stay in radio. Of course, that's only if you're currently 40 because soon radio won't even be able to offer free beer. Wow, what losers radio attracts. "Hey I might only be making 30k a year, but I got free beer and a gym membership!!!" LMAO