Unbelievable

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

Unbelievable

Post by jjenkins » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I always laugh when i think back to a meeting with a manager at one of my old stations. I had been there almost two years and was actually making less than when i started thanks to the remotes drying up. (less than 28k) He asked me if I was happy there and I was like, "well I don't want to work at night and make 28k the rest of my life so of course I am always open to other opportunities." They acted like they had never thought that someone may actually expect to progress in their career. Unbelievable how out of touch some people are. Hey PD's and managers out there, you're DJ's making 30k or less are ALWAYS looking for a new gig. That isn't a bad thing, it's called self-respect and drive. Jeez...

teckstuff

Re: Unbelievable

Post by teckstuff » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:16 pm

My first full-time gig paid $24K a year. That for doing their morning show, sports director (calling 2 to 3 games a week), and also account exec. After 1 year, I was given a $50 a month raise. Wow! Thanks! After running two stations virtually by myself, I asked for a little more money. You would think I asked for their first born! Later, a P.D. was hired at the same station. After starving in three small markets, making just a little more after each move, I left the biz.. Now, I make more than three times I did at my first station. I still get calls from managers offering me $24K. I love radio, but No Thanks!

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 am

Well too bad I had a 30k a year job when the economy was fine and it sucked. 30k is a joke just like radio. You are a joke too. :lol:

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:50 am

jjenkins wrote:Well too bad I had a 30k a year job when the economy was fine and it sucked. 30k is a joke just like radio. You are a joke too. :lol:
Talk about a joke...you are the one claiming a major market gig in NYC even though you offer no proof...hahahaha you loser!!!
excuse me while I go drop a jenkins in the restroom :lol:

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:30 pm

I DO have a major market gig. It is a hobby for me, not a career. Radio can't be a career to any thinking person who isn't a big timer. Why are you so obsessed with market size? It's always the guys with small market size that have the complex, LMAO.

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 am

Major Market hobby??? riiiiiight....whatever loser...
I never said anything about market size...you're the one who keeps trumpeting his "market size"!!!
you are SO pathetic that this has become entertaining bwahahaha :lol:
what a douche

teckstuff

Market size?

Post by teckstuff » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:33 pm

What difference does it make what market size he's in? I live and work in the shadow of a major market, and 99% of what I hear is really bad. Good radio is made in small markets, and serves the public better than some nationwide syndicated show. Many great talents have chosen to leave radio because of pay. Of course many others have been canned by large companies because of the economy. IMHO, doing radio is much more fun when you aren't doing it for a living!

Jala

Post by Jala » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

"excuse me while I go drop a jenkins in the restroom :lol:"

Dammit, man - that's some right shit!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!