Jobs

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
onairla

Re: Jobs

Post by onairla » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am

All-right! Politics. I was missing the piss and vinegar from pre 2012 Presidential election. A two party system is our own damn fault and the reason we have little say in who steers the ship. We can LEARN A LOT from the Canadians. Canada has a five party system. The candidates can only campaign for two weeks before election day (a national holiday in Canada so everyone can vote w/o work getting in the way). Radio suits would HATE only two weeks of ad money, but, it's for the better of the people. Too much campaigning lead us to polarization. If your party fails the people, it can take decades for a return to power in a five party system. That's a true voice of the people.

Obama Care: I started out anti-Obama care; have some money and live good. I would hate for my family to lose out on my years of capitolism with one heart attack. You and I pay taxes for roads, police, firefighters, social security, national security, and former politicians to live very well above the national average. Go out of your way and talk to a Canadian. :mrgreen: They'll be more than happy you asked.

danno

Post by danno » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Health Care Insurance has been around for a Long Time, alot of it provided in a Benefit package by an Employer. STILL DON"T HAVE IT??(WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY IT??) too expensive?? do you need to be told? well, the difference NOW is, IT WILL STILL BE TOO EXPENSIVE! AND YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW IF YOU DON'T BUY IT.
look, we're being told its "Health Care for EVERYONE"! IT SURE IS... BECAUSE you will be FORCED by the federal Government to BUY expensive health Care Insurance( (ITS not FREE KIDDIES) THAT you couldn't afford on the open market before,or be Fined by the IRS, YES THE FRICKIN" IRS! by the way, ask Canadians WHY they come to America for Health Care? because they don't want to WAIT several months to see a Doctor, or suffer waiting for a needed operation. i know this because my wife worked in a Hospital in America near the canadian border and she saw this 1st hand.... if you don't agree,you can argue with me if you like, but i'm not taking the bait. YOU'LL SEE.

onairla

Post by onairla » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm

danno wrote:... YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW IF YOU DON'T BUY IT.
... ask Canadians WHY they come to America for Health Care? because they don't want to WAIT several months to see a Doctor, or suffer waiting for a needed operation.
Danno umadbro? You're breaking the law if you don't pay taxes that cover police/schools/fire... You provide no fact about Canadians coming to america in droves for healthcare. The hearsay of your wife is weak at best. Since Obama care was passed I've talked to about a dozen Canadians; they all approve of the system in Canada just fine.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 am

The vast VAST majority of Canadians like their national healthcare system and they like it a lot. Unlike here, they won't lose everything if they become ill. And anyone dissing the Canadian system most likely has never gone w/o coverage or is young and believes they are infallible. For the first time ever, our family has gone through an extended time with zero coverage and i can tell you - it's no fun. "Buy your own, slacker!" Sure - $1800 a month for three of us. That ain't happening.

Any stories of Canadians coming to the states for medical procedures almost always involves ELECTIVE surgery - stuff that's not life or death. Yes - if you want a nose job or a finger is crooked from a long-ago injury - you may have to wait. If you have cash, you can walk into an American faciility and BAM! You're in.

I love America but detest the way we've allowed big pharma/big insurance companies and right-wing radicals from doing what every other industrialized nation on the globe seems capable of doing.

danno

Post by danno » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 am

hey, i'm just telling you how its going to be, and i don't see any of you arguing those FACTS, so you all KNOW it won't be FREE, in fact, it will BE MORE than Private Health care insurance now. so you better budget for it but i don't think you realize the long term effects of it. Yes Europe has adopted state run health care BUT THEY'RE BROKE, we will be too, maybe you've read the news over the past few years. this will be a major Cluster F'uk, for everyone involved. the Problem is Health Care Costs and NOTHING with this law is being done about it. its like EVERYTHING they do in Washington, they're like a Drug Addict that doesn't want to seek help, but INSTEAD wants to find a way to BANKROLL AND CONTINUE THEIR ADDICTION. containing the Cost of Health Care would have solved the problem and made health care insurance affordable for everyone WITHOUT a LAW forcing people to buy something they ALSO CAN'T AFFORD. but WHEN you realize the health care law has NOTHING to do with Health Care, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND POLITICIANS CONTROLLING YOUR VERY LIFE, you will underatand how you've lost a big part of your FREEDOM. if you want to live like this, thats fine, but you will PAY for it, and so will your kids and grandchildren. i don't.

onairla

Post by onairla » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 am

danno wrote:hey, i'm just telling you how its going to be, and i don't see any of you arguing those FACTS.
most anyone that reads your posts see, bla-bla-bla. When someone thinks they know the future, chances are they don't. Again you type without any details, just emotions. Honestly, you have done a poor job selling me your view. Blogs and Talk Radio are a lot like going out to lunch. Don't tell me how to think, have a conversation. A Journalism class wouldn't hurt either. Respect.

danno

Post by danno » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

onairla wrote:
danno wrote:hey, i'm just telling you how its going to be, and i don't see any of you arguing those FACTS.
most anyone that reads your posts see, bla-bla-bla. When someone thinks they know the future, chances are they don't. Again you type without any details, just emotions. Honestly, you have done a poor job selling me your view. Blogs and Talk Radio are a lot like going out to lunch. Don't tell me how to think, have a conversation. A Journalism class wouldn't hurt either. Respect.
i wasn't trying to change your mind, don't think anyone could, i'm sure you read through the 30 thousand pages of regulations, taxes and rules...just a "Reminder"... a heads -up on how Government Health Care will impact you, WHEN IT HITS HOME for you and your family IT WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND.. my work is done.. Happy New Year, my low information Friend.

pbergin

Post by pbergin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:03 pm

What an asinine post. I lived for years in Canada, a country with single payer insurance, so I KNOW what a properly run health system looks like. Believe me, it's NOTHING like this fuster cluck in the US.

I retired 6 mo ago, I'm on Medicare but I have to buy insurance for my wife. It's $300/mo with a $5000 deductible! Did you get that? I'll repeat it $5000 fuckin' bucks!!!!

If we had single payer everybody would get full coverage for a fraction of that. Obamacare is the first step, when the exchanges come online I'll be able to shop across state lines for her insurance. The ACA is the best thing to happen to this country in years!

danno

Post by danno » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:24 pm

[I retired 6 mo ago, I'm on Medicare but I have to buy insurance for my wife. It's $300/mo with a $5000 deductible! Did you get that? I'll repeat it $5000 fuckin' bucks!!!!

what kind of Fantasy land are you living in?if you are paying $300 a month for a $5k deductable you'll have "Fond" memories of that after OBAMACARE kicks in next year, the prices are ALREADY going up because of it, AND THE taxes FOR THIS, POS ARE STARTING TO KICK IN,besides there's NOTHING unusual about a 5K deducatable, BOO HOO HOO

If we had single payer everybody would get full coverage for a fraction of that. Obamacare is the first step, when the exchanges come online I'll be able to shop across state lines for her insurance.

NO YOU WON'T! THAT WAS A REPUBLICAN IDEA THAT WOULD HAVE LOWERED PRICES, THE DEMOCRATS REJECTED IT ! you will instead be offered the SAME COOKIE CUTTER INSURANCE AND RATES EVERYONE WILL GET.

The ACA is the best thing to happen to this country in years![/quote]

Ya, Right, Enjoy the rate hikes, taxes and Regulation of you life. and since you are on medicare, you can kiss that goodbye too, along with YOUR choice to have such care as a hip replacement, THAT WILL BE DETERMINED BY AN UNELECTED PANEL OF BUREAUCRATS, who will determine if at YOUR age, the operation is worth it. like obama said "Take a pain pill" instead.

onairla

Post by onairla » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm

what kind of Fantasy land are you living in? BOO HOO HOO
What you feel danno: I'M A MAN!
How others see you: *click... :idea: