NOW-Fm/NYC/CBS radio job listing -- problem

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
chomen

NOW-Fm/NYC/CBS radio job listing -- problem

Post by chomen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm

I've noticed this over and over at CBS Radio job listings. They want you to go to the CBS Radio site and find the job listing there -- but when you go, it's never listed! Same tonight with this NOW-Fm job notice here at All Access. "Please go to the CBS Radio job bank to apply." Then, you go there - and, guess what, no listing! Wild goose chase? Kafkaesque? Is it a funny joke of some kind that I just don't get? Is it some kind of test that I haven't quite figured out?

In the old days (about 5 to 10 years ago), before the massive wasteful unsuccessful money-losing consolidation, stations would just ask you to send your materials to their address. This was back when the radio business was profitable.

Nowadays, it's one mystery after another, followed by endless loops of corporate -inspired waste and idiocy.

chomen

Re: NOW-Fm/NYC/CBS radio job listing -- problem

Post by chomen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:30 pm

A day later and still no such job listing in the CBS Job Bank to which the ad refers. I get to the Job Bank "search openings" page and find "New York" and "CHR" and "CBS Radio," but none of those show the Now-Fm job mentioned.

So...maybe I'm missing something? Anyone want to help me out here? Is it just me? Joel?

skore100

Re: NOW-Fm/NYC/CBS radio job listing -- problem

Post by skore100 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:16 am

Maybe they're just not that into you.

Kidding, of course..

The person posting the job opp is simply adhering to HR protocols, going by the book, etc..

Send your materials anyway. Find the PD's name, get the snail mail address, email, whatever. Get your materials to them! Forget how they tell you to do it and just get the job done. Show them you're driven. Call them up, be polite. Yes, even if the post says NO PHONE CALLS. Get the job YOUR WAY.

Good luck, man. Hope you get the gig.

Happy Holidays!

- Matt