Not For The Faint Of Heart

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
rowdy

Not For The Faint Of Heart

Post by rowdy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 am

Can you pull off major market sounding air shifts on three stations, including weekends..?

Could you deliver stellar ratings acting as brand manager for three different formats each day..?

Will you do at least two remotes a weekend as part of your regular paycheck..?

Do you mind working 12 hours a day, six days a week, including holidays..?

When corporate calls, are you flexible enough to drop everything to take orders..?

Are you healthy enough to forego a decent health insurance plan..?

If this sounds like you, we have a 90 day part time trial period which may lead to a fulltime position at a starting salary of $24,000. You must have a cell phone with GPS tracking so we know where to reach you at any given moment. We’ll also rebate moving expenses up to $500 after one year of employment.

Send your programming dissertation and MP3 to onepercentCEO@cumeyouless.com

Note: You must have a four year degree and at least four years experience in multi-formats.

No calls as we don’t have anyone to answer phones.

cuddzu

Re: Not For The Faint Of Heart

Post by cuddzu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 am

I think this belongs here in Net Talk rather than Job Openings since it is not for any real job opening. Just a venting, which I can appreciate.

Thanks!
Thank You
All Access Moderator

onepercenter

Post by onepercenter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 pm

less!!
Last edited by onepercenter on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Too funny, and too true. I still remember neer making a salary over 30k and even being told that I would get paid $45/week (before taxes) for weekends. Radio is a joke now. The only people that do it are kids that don't know better and adults that have no other options.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 pm

hey JJ, don't forget that this site is for those broadcasters you mentioned, but also for the "never weres" like yourself that just can't help but troll here and dream about what might have been...had you had the talent to pull it off. Thanks for dropping by. We'll hear from you again when you've fooled yourself in to thinking you have something to say...

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 am

WW - I made it on to major market stations unlike yourself and eventually made decent money but it has gone the way of the dodo bird (much like your hair and self respect).

onepercenter

Post by onepercenter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

ya
Last edited by onepercenter on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigrobmjca

Post by bigrobmjca » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 am

(sighs) Here I sit at 25 years old, working overnights held at 29 hours per week, part time at a big talker in a top 50 market. If I had a brain in my head, I'd go back to school, but I just can't quit, somehow thinking I'm gonna be the exception to the rule. KNOWING that I should run, but would never forgive myself for walking away.

bigrobmjca

Post by bigrobmjca » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am

ps, I've about given up being on air as a dj. I was born 30 years too late because apparently the MS Radio sailed 30 years ago and I missed the boat. I finally got a pilot tug to carry me up to the ship just to find that she was sinking. When I finally boarded the vessel, I was greeted by a 2nd officer who welcomed me aboard by handing me a bucket, and yelled to go down to the engine room with the other greenhorn rookies (who were just as stupid as me for thinking we ever had a chance) and start bailing water while the captains get in the lifeboats. Ps, as the captain was boarding the lifeboat, I was told he smelled very strongly of alcohol. But, we're still above water (for now atleast)

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:33 pm

@bigrob do yourself a favor and get out now. go back to school if necessary and learn a skill that is in demand. You're 25 and you see the signs like a flashing neon sign (they have been flashing since 2003). You will only have yourself to blame if you get comfortable and end up a poor, drunk loser. If you won't leave radio now set yourself a goal and either meet it in one year or get out. The economy is worse than ever and you don't have the luxury of finding yourself in your thirties anymore. Good luck, be smart.