NO EGOS!!!

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

NO EGOS!!!

Post by jjenkins » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 am

Really? THen you don't want a guy that is any good. Egos are necessary for a true radio personality. All these ads saying NO EGOS are pathetic and from people in the wrong business. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE any place that demands you lose "the ego." That just means the have a bigger one than anyone and don't want ot have to compete.

tstone

Re: NO EGOS!!!

Post by tstone » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Egos are necessary for ANY artist of any real quality.

Now, by ego, we don't mean "arrogant, abusive douchebag". But we DO mean someone who knows they are talented, someone who is skilled and confident in the craft, someone who knows how to do a SHOW rather than a shift. Someone who brings something unique to the party. Let them be unique, and help make your station the same.

pbergin

Post by pbergin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 am

I'm sure what they mean is "No Egotists." A healthy ego manifests itself in confidence, an unhealthy ego manifests in insecurity.

Think about it. In all the years you've been a part of this industry weren't the most egotistical people you knew also the most insecure?

AfternoonAfterburner

Post by AfternoonAfterburner » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:18 pm

I think in most areas of life, including radio, a distinction should be made between confidence, which is good, and arrogance, which is bad. I would assume that those who use the term "ego" negatively are referring to arrogance.