Looking for some new morning show April Fools ideas!

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
exspree

Looking for some new morning show April Fools ideas!

Post by exspree » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:32 am

We've done the fake parades, format changes etc... Any ideas on a great morning show 4/1 prank? Thanks!

luther

Re: Looking for some new morning show April Fools ideas!

Post by luther » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 am

At the end of your show, crack the mike and say, "We really haven't been in the studio ALL morning. We recorded it yesterday. See, you couldn't even tell. April Fools!"

jtdaniels

Re: Looking for some new morning show April Fools ideas!

Post by jtdaniels » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am

We did one cool April Fools bit in Melbourne FLA on 1071 WA1A me and Timmy Vee...we told the listeners we would be taking a flight on the newest Blimp in Blimp family...state of the art...we supposedly took off at 5:30am and did the show from the cockpit...(yeah right) we had Eric Deniro answering the calls and we were doing play by play on the trip ...talking about the next area we would be passing by. Talking about the Blimps incredible performance etc. We also said that just before 10 we will take the 107th caller to tell us what the digital message sign on the bottom of the blimp said to win cash!! We had a humming sound built in behind us on the breaks so it actually sounded like we were flying.

Anyhow, at 10 we revealed what the sign said....APRIL FOOLS!! Im sure we didn't get everyone but I know we got a bunch!!

We had people call in saying they were outside waiting and we never passed. One teacher pulled the kids out of the classroom onto the soccer field to wait on us....crazy but fun and harmless...and harmless is good these days!

Actually I remember one guy called and said he was watching us fly overhead....

Fun times!