girls back to back

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
bjodom

girls back to back

Post by bjodom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

I have two very talented women on my staff. one in middays the other night. Thinking of moving my night girl to afternoons. Meaning two female personallitys back to back. Is this good or bad for a country format? looking for your thoughts

kendallweaver

Re: girls back to back

Post by kendallweaver » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Depends on the girls. Most stations have men back to back, so as long as they're both good jocks, I wouldn't over think it. As long as they don't sound too much alike and create confusion.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm

If there's chemistry, I might even have them do an hour crossover. I can guarantee it will be unique to your market and it's an opportunity for plenty of sellable bits on the air and on the street.
(IF you have a Promotions Director worth a damn...good luck with that)

bonusbaby

Post by bonusbaby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm

I'd do it. Talent is talent.

People listening would never say to themselves or others "I don't like radio station KXXX because there are two women on back to back in midday and afternoon."

We as broadcasters keep bringing back these older, outdated rules that never made sense then and sure do not make sense in todays broadcasting world. Do the right thing, and put the best talent on the air when they make the most sense for your audience.